BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a 300 mile trip this weekend and got a check engine light. No noticable performance issues with the car during or after the trip. I normally avarage about 30-32 mpg on this route. However, this time I had a roof rack with tree bikes on it + strong wind blowing and my mpg went down to 21mpg. About 150 miles into the trip "service engine soon" lignt lit up. On the way back home I got 26mpg with the same setup minus the wind. These are the codes that I got: P0004 (Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit High); P0128(Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature); and P1100 (MAF Sensor Intermittent). Has anybody run into this? Should I clear the codes and see if the service engine light comes back or wait and see if it goes out on its own? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, just to give an update... the light disappeared two days after the trip. I checked for the codes and they are still there with no light :confused:
I cleared the codes and checked it next day and the codes did not come back. Anybody had something like this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts