BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody notice whether the added weight of a system affects the balance of the car?

I mean, I had a Honda Prelude with a pretty nice system in it...2 subs 3 amps...etc....and that added weight really sucked in that car!

Granted, BMW's are alot better built, so I wouldn't imagine it would be that much of an issue.

Just thought I'd see what other people's experiences were before I went and put my stereo in...

Thanks!

:dunno:

--k

·
Registered
449 Posts
Of course it will - to some degree. Since most people put the majority of their equipment in the trunk, you'll be shifting the balance to the rear. So it might not be 50/50 after all is said and done. Remember, we're talking percentages of the total weight, so unless you're doing like 200+ lbs of equipment, it shouldn't affect the handling all that much. Its just like having a permanent body sitting in the back seat.

In a related note, I went to a couple SPL outlaw competitions where they literally needed to put super-heavy duty springs in the rear to accomodate the ridiculous amount of crap they shove back there. Batteries/amps/boxes/woofers, etc.

SPL - I just don't really get it.

SQ - now THIS is what music was made for..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts