E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking some threats to see if I could find a solution for my car which feels really weak when starting to run at least from 0-40 mph and it sounds like if i were driving a truck, besides that my brother drives an 2000 323i which feels really quiet and strong (as far as i have read 325i are supposed to be stronger) so at least I have a car in a better condition which I can use as a comparison.
So today I took my care to the autopart store to check some codes in the car since there has been a check engine on it for a while and these are the codes that came up

P0300 (multiple misfire)
P0313 (misfire with low pressure)
P0128 (coolant below regulating temp)
P0174 (bank 2 too lean)
P0171 (bank 1 too lean)
P1351 (n/a)
P1353 (n/a)
P1349 (n/a)
P0102 (mass air flow circuit low imput)

The scanner the guy used at the store came up with some solutions in a database provided for the scanner, the sentence "Replace PVC Valve" came up in most of the codes.

Before getting those codes I actually was reading some threats related to this but most of them seemed to be not really my same situation, my car does not have a knocking noise inside the engine and it gets a little quiet when running at high speeds (65 mph and up)

I get confused while reading sometimes because I 've seeing different solutions for the same code like P0300 but I've been thinking about replacing the fuel filter to start and so on
Im hopping you guys can give me an opinion about where to start, because I don't want to replace something that may not need to since a problem can be caused by multiple causes.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here are more proper descriptions of the codes.

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0313 Misfire Detected with Low Fuel
P0128 Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)
P0174 System too Lean (Bank 2)
P0171 System too Lean (Bank 1)
P1351 Misfire Cylinder 5 With Fuel Cut-off
P1353 Misfire Cylinder 6 With Fuel Cut-off
P1349 Misfire Cylinder 4 With Fuel Cut-off
P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

Your number one concern is MAF indicated by P0102.
That will cause lean codes and misfires.

P0128 is probably caused by a bad thermostat.

If you can read mass air flow rate during idle using one of these tools, I can confirm it for you. Or you can take it to a shop and ask for mass air flow rate at idle.
MAF is suspect if reading is below 3.5 g/sec (I don't have good data for 325). 330 should read around 3.8 g/sec.

If you have an Android device:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=920237&highlight=

If you don't have an Android device:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967204&highlight=

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, honestly I've been off of this subject lately because of my limited time. I'll try to take it to the shop and ask for the MAF rate. In the mean time another problem came up which I have given high priority which is the car has been shaking a lot lately, not sure if the arm bushings or ball joints, I got the bushings but the one on the car appeared to be in good condition.(havent replace them yet)

If you have any recommendation to any link which could help i will appreciate it

I will keep updating this threat regarding the fixes of the codes stated abobe

thanks again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your number one concern is MAF indicated by P0102.
That will cause lean codes and misfires.

P0128 is probably caused by a bad thermostat.

If you can read mass air flow rate during idle using one of these tools, I can confirm it for you. Or you can take it to a shop and ask for mass air flow rate at idle.
MAF is suspect if reading is below 3.5 g/sec (I don't have good data for 325). 330 should read around 3.8 g/sec.

If you have an Android device:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=920237&highlight=

If you don't have an Android device:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967204&highlight=
got the device, and checked chesterday, the reading for the MAF on idle does not gets lower than 4+.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.