E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
--
706 Posts
^Wax as often as you want, it wont mess up your paint as long as its clean before you wax. No 1 step carnauba wax is going to last you a year.

I get about 3-4 layers of Klasse SG which will last a long time, so I know there is always some protection on it. Then I use a carnauba whenever i feel it needs it, usually once a month.

·
Registered
514 Posts
bimmer_guy said:
Real you guys wax every month or every other month? I was under impression that once a year is enough and if you wax too much you fcuk up your car. Is it ok to wax so often ( once a month ?)
How are you going to damage the finish? Your putting a protective coat over the finish against the environment. The only way you can actually hurt the surface is if you don't apply or remove the wax correctly.

·
Registered
277 Posts
wax

I usually wax about every 2 weeks or more often if there's a show or something. Meguiars quick detail is a great maintenance product in between waxes. The wax I usually use on Mothers hard carnuaba wax, but its a little harder to put on and remove. If I don't feel like doing through the trouble of hard wax I use 3M liquid wax, suprisingly the best I've seen yet, using all 3 stages (scartch remover, then wax, then show glaze.) Its not only the nicest finish out of any liquid wax i've seen but the easiest to use... :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.