E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.xeetstreetband.com
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has birdsh*t on it, and I sprayed it off with a hose (and the water dried onto my car.) But, I just washed my car and there is this stubborn water spotting. I zainoed my car and now I'm thinking that wasn't a good idea.

Do I now have to buff out the spots or what?

(P.S. I tried to wipe them off with water, gloss enhancer, etc... to no avail...)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Birdsh!t is highly acidic and contains all sorts of abrasive stuff they eat, like seeds, gravel, sand, etc.

Anyway, the acidity etches the paint, so you actually have to polish the spot out. Buy the mildest polish you can (Meguiars, P21 if they make it, Griot's, etc.) and you should be able to remove it no problem. Of course rewax it after you're done.

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
Meguire's quick detailer works very well, at least on my silver car, but that hides watermarks well to begin with

pretty much, if you have a black car, u are in trouble, and its mad hard to clean without them

·
www.xeetstreetband.com
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
johnhab said:
Birdsh!t is highly acidic and contains all sorts of abrasive stuff they eat, like seeds, gravel, sand, etc.

Anyway, the acidity etches the paint, so you actually have to polish the spot out. Buy the mildest polish you can (Meguiars, P21 if they make it, Griot's, etc.) and you should be able to remove it no problem. Of course rewax it after you're done.
Is P21 a type of Meguiar's polish?

·
Registered
174 Posts
P21s is not affiliated with Meguiars. I believe it's a German Company. I use there polish and wax on my Jet Black car with good results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts