E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a stupid question...sorry...but i've never heard of that...what the hell does water injection do?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
WI is to spray fine water mist into the charged air prior to the intake manifold to reduced temperature of charged air and to prevent detonation. More useful for turbo setup than SC setup. Requires tuning. Does not increase hp/torque but rather maintain hp/torque numbers under heat soak condition. I'd suggest you don't worry about this mod unless you're tracking the car.

·
needs a new sig...
4,497 Posts
If i remember correctly Mr. Paddle Shift Used the winsheild washer tank for his WI kit, i think thats amazing!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
GarrettF said:
If i remember correctly Mr. Paddle Shift Used the winsheild washer tank for his WI kit, i think thats amazing!
Good memory!

Yes, we did tap it from the washer tank. The idea is to minimize plumbing and extra equipment. With the nozzle I am using, one tank is good for 3 track sessions of 25mins each. Then again, it depends how hard I drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts