BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just noticed this noise 2 days ago, when the car is on, it sounds liek there is air coming out of my tires like a leak of some sort, but i checked thoroughly and it was not my tires, it was coming from under the car, wat the heck is this noise? is there a leak in my exhaust piping or some sht, i didnt even care until i drove my friends 330 and it didnt have that noise at all and i didnt have this noise before either, im clueless :help:
thanks!

On a complete side note, i dont want to start a new thread for this but since i installed my rims, i have had a few problems witht he car drifting to the right side, and sometimes the steering wheel makes a hard right on me, i have to hold the steering wheel firm for the car to go staight... is my alignment off? also when im driving i feel as if the rear tires kind of wobble... anyone know wat this is?

thanks guys and sorry for all the questions!:thumbup:

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,767 Posts
Not sure about the noise but if you installed wider tires on your new rims you are probably feeling tramlining. Basically wide tires follow the grooves in the road much more. It happens to everyone.

Tim

·
Registered
211 Posts
where is the noise coming from?

I had a similar noise from rear of the car, especially near the right rear wheel. Found out that my fuel pump was not working right and had it replaced.

Now the noise is almost gone...might want to check it out.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I agree with tim, sounds like it could be a bad case of tramlining. i had that with my S03s - although they were not wider at all, narrower in the back then before actually.

Also, another thing to check if you have overall wobbling/shaking is if you need hubrings. That can cause all sorts of issues.

All this is said assuming the tires were balanced correctly - maybe you threw a weight or they did a bad job, that is prob the first thing to check.. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts