E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone know a good BMW mechanic that can do a check for a used car before purchasing? On the MD side of Washington DC area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Partial answer

I have been to BMW Excluservice in Rockville MD, for brakes and trackday tech inspection. Went there at the recommendation of other people and was satisfied, but have not done major things with them.

They only do BMWs, offer CCA discounts and have a great car collection of classic BMWs in there. Cheaper than the dealer, but not cheap.

Worth your consideration,

adc
98 M3

·
Registered
444 Posts
hmmm, i dunno bout in suitland but i guess this would be too far also but ill tell u anyway, Cherner in potomac is a exotic/classic car dealership in potomac and attached to them is a shop that can do just about anything, if u do end up comin down here u mite wanna check em out :dunno:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Liquid, but that's too far. The BMW dealer is only about 5 min away, however they cost $170. If I can save some $$$ at an outside mechanic that is close by great, but not at the expense of driving another hour. With the saved money I can use it on a couple tanks of gas and that will put many smiles on my face if I get this car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Liquid Fire said:
hmmm, i dunno bout in suitland but i guess this would be too far also but ill tell u anyway, Cherner in potomac is a exotic/classic car dealership in potomac and attached to them is a shop that can do just about anything, if u do end up comin down here u mite wanna check em out :dunno:
Is that the place right by the intersection of Falls Rd. and River Rd.? That place is so sweet, I stopped by and they had a F355, '66 GT40, a few 996 Carreras, M3, and they were working on an AC Cobra inside. :yikes:

·
Registered
444 Posts
yep, thats the place...my buddy works there so he actually gets to do the work on all those cars :eek:mg: :drool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts