BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some advice about washing my black M3 convertible. as of now i am using Meguiar's gold class shampoo and microfiber towels to dry. any suggestions for other products. i also needed some advice on waxes for detailing. let me know what you guys think. thanks again :craig:

·
Registered
933 Posts
I always like using the absorber to dry the car .... and Zaino shampoo. But Zaino gets time consuming and costly, so I just stick with Meguiars Gold Class wash most of the time along with a nice Eagle Wax as you dry.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hey I got Armoral Concentrated wash for xmas gift, and I love it. My black 328ci looks like I waxed it. It rinses easy and doesn't leave a ring/dry spots. It a good wash product between waxes. I use the Mequires clear coat wax. This is my third black car, and the two combo looks better than the dealers free wash. Much as I hated Armoral because of the gloosy film. The wash is leaves the car looking fresh and clean.

here is what I do.

1. rinse car with warm water at a self serve car wash.
2. hand wash with Armoral with soft mitt.
3. chammie dry
4. for the rims I use Dupont wheel cleaner. Only spray once a month. This stuff is great. Brake dust just don't stick like it use to :)

inbetween 3-4 washes, wax car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Most important thing to do with the black cars would be to make sure you use the 2 bucket wash method, will help prevent swirl marks. I think one of the best waxes on black would be souveran or if you like sealant try Wolfgang. Good luck! :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts