E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 E46 M3
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of rebuilding a 2004 m3 and the previous owner deleted the fluid reservoir, pump, and filler neck. Obviously now the level sensor and pump are just dangling, not plugged into anything and the dash shows the yellow washer fluid light. I'd rather not have to go out and re-buy all the parts, so is there a way to fix the sensor so it doesn't throw a light?

Take a look at the pic attached, I think the top is the fluid level sensor and the bottom is for the pump.
I tried bridging the two wires from the level sensor together (green and brown) but that didn't change anything. Was thinking I may need a resistor between the wires?

I've looked through various posts to no avail. If anyone has expertise in this, I greatly appreciate your insight!

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,020 Posts
Out of the box suggestion for me. I'd post in the main M3 or general forum. There's been a lot of talk about this.

·
Registered
97 Posts

try this. It shows all the wiring diagrams and colors to the wires. Someone let Me know about this when I had some wiring problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts