BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2006 330ci for sale. Under the hood the inner fenders and inside of the hood are painted a flat white, somewhat like primer.

My 2001 330ci is painted in body color finish in these areas, does this mean it was wrecked, or did BMW start doing this???

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Michael Jackson ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same here, including firewall, under carriage, fenders, hood,... No damage signs though. All stickers and engraved numbers look original. The trunk is also in this color.

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
How is this normal? Both our cars have the same color paint, exterior and engine bay.... unless BMW forgot to paint yours before they put the engine in. Negligence.. Hmmm...

·
Registered
721 Posts
check the door jams, alot of time theres overspray or tape marks there if its been painted. That will give you a better idea of how much has actually be painted

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I am looking at a 2006 330ci for sale. Under the hood the inner fenders and inside of the hood are painted a flat white, somewhat like primer.

My 2001 330ci is painted in body color finish in these areas, does this mean it was wrecked, or did BMW start doing this???
I have my car since new.
These areas are painted to match the body, but looks like no clear coat
Maybe your car was not wrecked, just repainted a different color.

In any case, I'd move on - lots of these cars out there, and this one is too young for a repaint unless wrecked, IMHO.

If you can't pass it up, have a body shop check it out berfore drawing a check

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not trying to threadjack, just thought this could relate to OP for future searches.

Is the inside of anyone else's trunk a different color then their body. I thought my car could have been repainted but I had a friend who is familiar with body work look at it and he said the same thing I did, that the edges around everything were too perfect (aka came from the factory). I just thought this is really weird that BMW would leave this area unpainted and would like to hear everyones opinion on this. Here is a pic to show what I am talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Certain colors for BMW's do come with a different color under the hood and trunk area from the factory. I know for a fact that titanium silver and orient blue are two that have this.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Certain colors for BMW's do come with a different color under the hood and trunk area from the factory. I know for a fact that titanium silver and orient blue are two that have this.
My Titanium Silver car is Titanium Silver under hood and in trunk.
Original owner

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not trying to threadjack, just thought this could relate to OP for future searches.

Is the inside of anyone else's trunk a different color then their body. I thought my car could have been repainted but I had a friend who is familiar with body work look at it and he said the same thing I did, that the edges around everything were too perfect (aka came from the factory). I just thought this is really weird that BMW would leave this area unpainted and would like to hear everyones opinion on this. Here is a pic to show what I am talking about.
Dont know whats up with that... Mine is red under there, same color as the car.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

:rofl: lol at your diagram

·
Registered
32 Posts
Exactly like this one from Peanut_Man (thanks for the picture, hope you don't bother!). My outside bodycolor is A08, Silver Gray Metallic, delivered by the factory:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts