E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's amp just blew. It is over the one year factory warranty and since he did not buy it at an authorized dealer, they said there is nothing they can do for him. My question....for everyone of us who gets car audio at the best price (because they are not bought from authorized dealers, usually online), are we pretty much screwed if anything like this happens???

I just do not know how this works...but I feel bad caus his amp is basically brand new!!

Attachments

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
yeah thats the risk of buying from a not authorized dealer (online for ex). buying authorized gives you piece of mind if something like this were to happen.(and also puts a nice dent in your wallet) what kind of amp was it? just tell him to get a real nice amp, i'd suggest a jl since its pretty widely available. arc, zapco, and tru are the ones that come to mind when i think of car audio, Mmm..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the thing. It was a PPI-- which, (i believe) is a pretty good amp even though toys R us owns them now.

I guess my concern now would be, if you buy a real good name-brand amp but not from an authorized dealer, you are still screwed if something happens. Also, he said that the authorized dealer has to have done the install too....

If something happens to my RF 1500BD...then I will be screwed too. I am gettin emotional over here...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts