E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TiAg 330i
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Warning lights
I was driving on highway and suddenly heard a beep, dropped out of curise control, lost 50% of power, and several warning lights come on yellow. At first, only EML, BRAKE, DSC lights came on. I stopped and restarted the engine. Then, Service Engine Soon light came on too.

I did a few searches on the engine light issue, and realize some similarities and disimilarities. It first happened about 20 miles after fill-up. I put on summer tires the day before. These are consistent with everyone else. I haven't checked gas cap yet. But no one mention having EML, BRAKE, DSC and SES warnings all at the same time. Anyone know what this combination mean?

Call to BMW roadside assistance
Just got off the phone with BMW roadside assistance. The guy is extremely nice, polite and helpful. The famous "Service Engine Soon" light comes on today. The engine immediately goes into lame mode with much reduced power. So, I told the guy about this and the first thing he said was "I am sorry to hear that. Are you in a safe place now?" I am pleasently surprised. We went on for info exchange, and he setup a flatbed tow truck to get my car to dealer on Monday, which I am very happy because weather is forecasted to be heavy snow on Monday. (Yea I know WTF heavy snow in April???:tsk: )

·
TiAg 330i
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My service manager replaced the idle valve because it's sticking. What does an idle valve do? He sounds like it's a small problem. Should I be concern with other things going wrong?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.