BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just came on the car still runs fine no problems what could it be, also are these cars obd 2 compatible?:hmm:

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Go and get a scan to see what codes are coming up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sometimes it's just so whack. Could be nothing at all or something minor. (Of course, something major as well).

I've been getting the warning that my back-right tail light is burnt out for about 6 months now, when I just replaced my bulbs 3 weeks ago. So stupid. -_-

·
Registered
322 Posts
The most common warning light is a loose gas cap, or you gassed up with the engine running, it'll reset after a few days. The tail light might be from corrosion in the socket. There's enough contact to get the bulb working, but the increase resistance trips the lamp failure warning.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do all the basic checks. Oil, radiator, normal operating temp., gas cap. Wouldn't hurt to check battery and alternator if you have a multimeter. Then get the scan done.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
all BMWs made after 1995 are OBD2.

Scan it.

then come back here and :search: for OBD II codes and what they mean. I believe there is a sticky list in the DIY forum here.

·
Registered
0 Posts
autozone will scan it for free

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
alright i went to autozone and i checked my obd2 scan and the code that came up was P0441 -EVAP EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM PURGE FLOW after that the light has not come back on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts