E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 300 km of driving (Occasionally hard) I sent my oil to Blackstone labs and got the following result back.

As you can see the lead is in 20 PPM only after 300km. Would like to hear your comments from anyone with experience. Should I drive the car? Or should I park it?

PS -The contamination they mention is due to a leaking injector that forced me to do an early oil change. I still sent them that oil as a sample as it had more millage on it.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Pattern

·
Registered
857 Posts
After 300 km of driving (Occasionally hard) I sent my oil to Blackstone labs and got the following result back.

As you can see the lead is in 20 PPM only after 300km. Would like to hear your comments from anyone with experience. Should I drive the car? Or should I park it?

PS -The contamination they mention is due to a leaking injector that forced me to do an early oil change. I still sent them that oil as a sample as it had more millage on it.

View attachment 936429
At 180K miles you're likely looking at new connecting rod bearings if not a rebuilt engine anyway. Let us know how it works out if you limit it to new connecting rod bearings.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At 180K miles you're likely looking at new connecting rod bearings if not a rebuilt engine anyway. Let us know how it works out if you limit it to new connecting rod bearings.
Thank you for your reply, I will certainly keep you updated. I agree with the need for new rod bearings due to the age of the engine, already ordered them, just waiting for them to arrive. As for the "rebuilt", what do you mean? (There is no knocking sounds)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.