BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys wonder if anyone can help me without going back to the Stealer ship.

My cars a bmw 325ci m54 engine with 140k on the clock.

anyway my cars been running great apart from now. in the morning when cold cars great fires up straight away idles around 600rpm and runs fine. The problem is when the car is warm.

say if im driving then i stop and park up for say 30mins the cars is hard to start il turn the key and it long crank then sputter into life. Then when i put it into gear and go and begin letting the clutch out it stalls. Takes me a few drives but once i get going car seems ok.

I had the codes read and they came back faulty camshaft sensor exhaust side and both o2 sensors. dealer reckoned its defiantly the cam sensor so got it changed a cleared the fault memory. Problem went away for a week and now its back!

Any ideas guys? surely the faulty o2 shouldnt cause stalling when warm?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the same with my old 320i, M54 engined. I had to change both the inlet and exhaust cam sensors, didn't touch the 02 sensor. Both aftermarket easy to fit had the car for a further 18months with no problems before I sold it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the reply, thing is the dealer didnt say it was the intake side sensor but mite have to give it a try, did u have the codes read on yours?

·
Registered
89 Posts
when I changed mine I just searched for the fault I had at the time (was not on fanatics then), and found a lot of guys were changing both at the same time, I didn't bother with the code reading.
Im just not sure about your problem with the one week later and it (the problem) starting again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts