E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 318i M-Tech

When the climate control temp is at its lowest (16 degrees celcius), I get warm air coming out, when I turn on 'Auto' the air turns cooler, as cool as I would expect it to be normally. Then when I turn on the AirCon it gets even colder as you would expect. The trouble is, why is the air warm and only 'normal' when I turn 'Auto' on? To recreate the problem, I have the temp set to 16 degrees, the air is directed to the front (face) panels, the fan speed is about half way and I have no other options turned on. I dont know what half of the buttons do, in particular the ones with the round icons on them. Does anyone know what would be causing the air coming to be warm but when switched to auto it becomes colder. Another thing to note is that when I switch Auto on the fan speed goes to its fastest.

Also, does anyone know what the whole M-Tech thing is about, I have suede interior and an M badge at the back and front but other than that....no idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warm Air

Thanks for the response, I know that to turn on the air con you must hit the snowflake button but the issue im having is that when the fan is on at set to lowest temperature (16 degrees celcius) that the air is still warm however once i hit the auto button the air gets much cooler (not as cold as the aircon), its more like the outside temperature which is what im after. it just seems like having the fan is permanently set to warm air despite the temperature setting. I know that a workaround is to just have it set to auto all the time but i was just curious why the temperature is so different between having auto turned on and auto turned off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts