E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some E46 sedans (more towards the 328i, but I'm not positive on that). I was wondering if all the horror stories I hear about the early E46s were actually based on fact, or just a few bad experiences...

The one(s) I'm currently considering are Sports Package-equipped and have around 100,000 miles on them. They also have the Premium(?) package on them. Sorry I'm not sure if that's the name or not... the one with the wood and stuff.

One car (silver) is going for about $12,000. Another (white, same equipment, with the OEM bodykit) is going for $13,000, but has rock chips on the bottom of the front. Are these pretty fair prices, or should I shoot for maybe a 330 or 325 and get the same price? I don't want to spend too too much financing it, so I can spend money on the car (mods, repairs, the usual). Thanks for your help, I've been kinda lurking around this forum for a while, you guys seem pretty cool and smart.

-Mylan

·
Registered
121 Posts
i think you will be fine

have the car checked out by a mechanic before you buy it though

the major problems do exist, but chances are still on your side in picking up a solid car. generally, problems get posted, and those without issues are out enjoying the car.

as for the price, around here, early e46's with ~100k miles on them run anywhere from 14-18 grand

good luck :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
i'm selling my car.. it has some mods on it... here some pictures.. http://buzzeffect.net/bmw/

The car is fine.. 68K miles on it.. 1999 E46 323I with mods.. i just dont drive it at all.. once a week sometimes twice.. and parking is a problem where i live.. so

let me know...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Very clean car buddy.

Mine is a 2001 with 113,000. Mine is in great shape and I would easily pay $16,000 for it again. It has the Sport and Premium packages on it. If you get one of the two you are mentioning, just have a qualified mechanic check it out.
kidjoe said:
i'm selling my car.. it has some mods on it... here some pictures.. http://buzzeffect.net/bmw/

The car is fine.. 68K miles on it.. 1999 E46 323I with mods.. i just dont drive it at all.. once a week sometimes twice.. and parking is a problem where i live.. so

let me know...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts