BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fanatics,

I am seeking the above mentioned wheel as a core to send off to be built into my personal custom wheel. If you have one gathering dust, please contact me.

Condition is unimportant but MUST be sport wheel from TRIANGULAR BAG!

Thanks for reading and responding,

Jack

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
I have one sitting around for you. :)

Looking forward to eventually seeing how you customize it.

FYI, the early AC Schnitzer carbon fiber steering wheels from the early 2000's (I own 2 of them now) were based off the OEM triangular airbag steering wheels but wrapped in perforated leather and black carbon fiber by a german company known as Victor for use by AC Schnitzer.

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I am glad to have decided on it. I had been toying the idea of an SMG wheel for my steppy trans, but acually like the triangular wheel better. Don't think I will miss the flipper shifting since I have never had it. Can't wait to get my hands on this fat little wheel. I had always used my 1977 Fittipaldi wheel on every other BMW I have owned as a daily driver and have grown very fond of the fat wheels.

Thanks for looking,
Jack

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do they sell the whole wheel or do you have to send your old wheel in as core? Why did you decide on the square airbag? Don't like the round sport look? http://static.schmiedmann.dk/ProductPictures/image_29515_big.jpg

You can order this wheel or anyone from a number of triangular, round, or even OE square wheels, with or without multi use buttons. Just go to their web-site and check them out.

The deal is you place your order and they send you the wheel and charge you a core deposit.. You then send the same type wheel back to them as a core for a refund of your deposit. I'll tell you how the process goes as I placed my order Sunday night and have a tracking number this A-yem. It's on the way to SF as we speak,

Jack

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do they sell the whole wheel or do you have to send your old wheel in as core? Why did you decide on the square airbag? Don't like the round sport look? http://static.schmiedmann.dk/ProductPictures/image_29515_big.jpg
BTW, I do like the triangular air bag better than the round bag. EVERY car, it seems, from SRT Dodges to GTS Porsches have round bags,and I like to be on the less beaten path. I would only have selected the round bag if I had wanted paddle shifters as they are unavailable on triangular bag wheels.

Jack

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
BTW, I do like the triangular air bag better than the round bag. EVERY car, it seems, from SRT Dodges to GTS Porsches have round bags,and I like to be on the less beaten path. I would only have selected the round bag if I had wanted paddle shifters as they are unavailable on triangular bag wheels.

Jack
+1 on liking to be on the less beaten path and going with triangular airbag... I feel the exact same way. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts