BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 7500k 9006 fog light bulbs from khoalty just to push my order above 150 for the free shipping. I would like to see pictures of them installed. Anyone have these. I have searched. I can mostly just find pictures of the bulbs in the package or FS threads.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Sorry I can't help with the pic. But just for info's sake, you do know they're going to be on the bluer side of things right? What color are your low beam bulbs?

·
Registered
18,806 Posts
They will be useless and will provide almost no light output. Fog lights should be 4300k or 3000/2500k (yellow)
sorry bud, but you are completely full of pewpie

8000k and under will still provide more light output than any halogen light, so saying it will provide almost no light output at all is a bit much. all of my ass hole friends who want "purple" got their lights through me, and I didn't give them anything higher than 8k because i refuse to be part of the headlight easter egg club with their purples and pinks

8000k 35w and they are still bright as sh*t

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh boy, here we go..

all I want to see is one picture. there has to be just one person who has installed these before and has a picture.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
When I first got my HID headlights I went with 10000k actually. They are still blue. Anything higher and then you will start to go into the purple spectrum. They weren't the greatest for light output. But I will definitely agree that even at 10000k you still get MUCH better output than halogens. 7500k will still be blue, so if you are worried about getting some purple, you'll be fine. I have since reverted to 6000k though.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
There are also 9006 HID kits.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right, but I'm not talking about that. I'm referring to the ones from khoalty I mentioned in the first post. and all I really want is a picture.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Ah ok. You just said 9006 7500k bulbs. Didn't specify halogen or HID, so just assumed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The ones from khoalty will make the chrome hosing look blue and light up white with a hint of blue. I have them on my m3 and my girls 325. sorry no pics

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
My step-father had Nokya "7500K" halogen bulbs on his Mustang for the primary headlight bulbs (they came with it when he bought it). Biggest pile of crap I've ever seen. Light output was next to nothing AND they looked like crap. The glass on the bulb was blue, which gave it that "7500K" look. We ended up swapping them for Sylvania Silver Star.

Don't waste your money. Get Nokya 2500K instead. You'll thank me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
sorry bud, but you are completely full of pewpie

8000k and under will still provide more light output than any halogen light, so saying it will provide almost no light output at all is a bit much. all of my ass hole friends who want "purple" got their lights through me, and I didn't give them anything higher than 8k because i refuse to be part of the headlight easter egg club with their purples and pinks

8000k 35w and they are still bright as sh*t
They might be "bright as sh*t" as you put it, but it is a fact that once you start going toward the blue spectrum of lighting you do in fact lose out on usable light, especially when dealing with wet roads.

Being that they are HID will make them brighter than halogens, but it does not make them safer. Also blue/purple light fatigues eyes making them even more dangerous.

I suggest you do some research before you spat out wrong information.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts