E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i cant seem to find info on the hard wiring part to the LED type? such as what wires go to the red and brown connectors. do the blacks wires go to the brown and red to the white? and do i have to bundle the both whites and both blacks together to connect to the red or brown connectors? can someone please elaborate?

·
european auto source
12,194 Posts
i cant seem to find info on the hard wiring part to the LED type? such as what wires go to the red and brown connectors. do the blacks wires go to the brown and red to the white? and do i have to bundle the both whites and both blacks together to connect to the red or brown connectors? can someone please elaborate?
On the LEDs white is +12V and black is Ground. The wiring harness is red for +12V and brown for ground.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Nick, after I did the 'always on' connection, I also 'connected' the fade in/fade out via the brown wire through the grommet to the passenger foot red wire as per instructions but the fade in/out feature is not working :banghead: What could be the problem? Please advise, I will tackle that again when I do the 'switched on' mode this weekend! :hi: Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
So easy a caveman can do it.
Whoa! I read that line right at the exact same time a Geico commercial was running! Spooky... :eek:

Anyway, I'm trying to set up the remote fade-on feature w/my new Chromiums, but my 99 323i has no grommet/hole in the area it's supposed to. How to I route the trigger wire into the cabin? Has anybody else w/the same car managed to do this? :hmm:

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Subscribed.
I have a set I got from a friend, but I'm either missing a ballast or a ignitor, I do know they are MYCARR halos. Can I buy those parts seperately.

·
european auto source
12,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts

·
european auto source
12,194 Posts
so looking at what i have now, here, is that all i need to be ready for install.
You'll need 2 inverters. Otherwise, you have everything else you need. :)

·
Registered
17,031 Posts
Whoa! I read that line right at the exact same time a Geico commercial was running! Spooky... :eek:

Anyway, I'm trying to set up the remote fade-on feature w/my new Chromiums, but my 99 323i has no grommet/hole in the area it's supposed to. How to I route the trigger wire into the cabin? Has anybody else w/the same car managed to do this? :hmm:
Just use the "cow's udder" portion, it's a mutli section rubber gasket.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just use the "cow's udder" portion, it's a mutli section rubber gasket.
Thanks for the help. I saw that initially but was afraid to remove it, not knowing exactly what it was for or where it leads! :)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.