BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All - First Hello! I was referred here by a friend with a BMW to look for an answer....any help/opinion is appreciated.

I am planning to buy a 330I and am faced with two choices:

2004 330I, 27K miles, BMW CPO, 100K mile warranty, most options, at a BMW dealer $25K

2004 330I ZHP perf. pkg, 43K miles, BMW warranty expires in 6 months/7K miles, at a 'wholesale' dealer $28K

I was prepared to forego the warranty for the performance on the ZHP model, but in looking it up on this site, I see several threads about possible problems due to the different cams (something about a noise like a marble in a can?).

Thanks in advance for any all help in making this tough choice.

Joe

·
Registered
21,360 Posts
Welcome :hi:

Tough choice but i think id take the ZHP :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd DEFINATELY take the CPO'd 330i. Performance wise, you're not goa lose THAT much. Save the money int he price and save the money in maintenace.

That is of course unless you have gobs of money, then rock the ZHP and foot the repair bills.

·
Registered
18,541 Posts
wait wait wait.........

does the 330i have sport/premium package?
is it a manual
what color
what rims
what options

if it is a base 330 auto, then DEFINITELY get the zhp

but if it has decent rims, manual, and sport package (especially with clear corners), then save the 3 grand, get the cpo, and use that 3 grand to buy the body kit and zhp rims if you like the look of it that much :thumbsup:

give us the details on each car....

:hi:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.....

the 330i does not have sport package or premium package. It did have cold wx pkg and other items. I negotiated the price down to 24,900.

the 330i ZHP has 6 speed manual (do they all?), rear spoiler and 18" rims (I think they're 18) which have a small 'M' on them. It has the rear decklid spoiler. It seems to be ridiculously fast...I went from stopped at light to an onramp, down the onramp through 1st and 2nd up near readline, was going 90 and was not at the bottom of he ramp. WOW!

Which is why, after talking the guuy down to 27,000 flat for the ZHP, I have bought it!!!!

I know I am giving up most warranty, but...WOW!

Since I am in corporate world during the day, I needed something not flshy like an M, but still able to keep me smiling on the ride home...WOW!

I pick the car up on Friday (I asked them to replace a door seal).....
I hope to become a regular on here and to learn, learn, learn. Hopefully I'll be doing own maintenance and mods.

Again - thanks much for the inputs!!!

·
Registered
18,541 Posts
yup, w/o sport package, def go with the zhp

did you do as much research as possible on the car?

check how many owners there are
get a carfax report
take it to a mechanic that you know
get the history on the car as far as what services have been done from bmw
check brakes

etc etc etc

congrats on the purchase, you are going to love it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All right, all right...I get the point about the pics....I'm a bit behind on my computer proficiency....I have pics in my camera phone....now I gotta figure out how to upload....please bear with me here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts