E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could buy an oem csl bumper from a friend. One splitter is pretty cracked, thats why I thought about replacing it with a vorsteinr race lip.
Has anyone done this? Will it work?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
i have seen it done , but have not done it, the vorsteiner is a copy of the oem csl so the splitters and lip will fit on both. If not you dont want to try ill take your oem csl bumper off your hands for you. :hi:

·
Registered
578 Posts
There could be a slight fitment issue but it should still fit, and I say this because you are buying an oem part and fitting an aftermarket part to it.

You could always just buy a replacement splitter instead if it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have seen it done , but have not done it, the vorsteiner is a copy of the oem csl so the splitters and lip will fit on both. If not you dont want to try ill take your oem csl bumper off your hands for you. :hi:
hehe sure if you give me your vcsl roof ;)
thanks for your input.

There could be a slight fitment issue but it should still fit, and I say this because you are buying an oem part and fitting an aftermarket part to it.

You could always just buy a replacement splitter instead if it doesn't work out.
yeah, i really dont wanna spend like 500 + shipping to switzerland and than have fitment issues. Would look great if it would work but risk is maybe a little bit to high. maybe a nice used one will come up for sale, i'll probably stick with a new splitter for now.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
hehe sure if you give me your vcsl roof ;)
thanks for your input.

yeah, i really dont wanna spend like 500 + shipping to switzerland and than have fitment issues. Would look great if it would work but risk is maybe a little bit to high. maybe a nice used one will come up for sale, i'll probably stick with a new splitter for now.
you should be fine with the fit just check it before you clear coat it , i have two lips for my bumper and both were alittle off until i sanded the edges alittle and got them to fit almost perfect then had them cleared. I only sat almost because I am a perfectionist and nothing ever fits perfect even oem in my opinion. And it might be alittle hard to trade my roof for your bumper LOL :lmao:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you should be fine with the fit just check it before you clear coat it , i have two lips for my bumper and both were alittle off until i sanded the edges alittle and got them to fit almost perfect then had them cleared. I only sat almost because I am a perfectionist and nothing ever fits perfect even oem in my opinion. And it might be alittle hard to trade my roof for your bumper LOL :lmao:
why just remove it, nothin easier than that... just joking :rofl:
yeah i know i also hate gaps, but it seems that bmw allways has some imperfections in fitment.
I think Audi is best in fitment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.