BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes when i try to turn the volume down using the controls on the steering wheel, the radio station jumps to the next preset station. The problem also happens when I have a CD in. I don't have a CD changer and and the radio is completly stock. I do have the hk system.

Please help

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ahhhhhhh.......You sure you're not hitting the wrong button accidently? :dunno:

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Well, if I remember correctly, you can tune with the steering wheel controls as well. It has been a long time since I have had my car (1 month yesterday, :() but is there a chance that you are hitting the other button?

AdamR

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had that happen a few times and wondered what the hell, but I have no idea what it is. I just ignore it everytime it happens.

·
Dale Earnhardt's Double
532 Posts
Wow! Those buttons on the wheel control the radio????? Did someone write this down as an easter egg?

J/K, I've not had that problem with mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
happened to me a few times, now just use to it ! :)

when i first got my car i use to press it while turning sometimes, realised i was pressing the cruise buttons instead ! :thumbup:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
happens to me to

get confused about the 2 rows of buttons. you have to get use to them thats all.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
NO people. he is not doing it wrong.

I have the same problem. The dealer replaced my radio and I still have the issue. When you press the down volume at times the next chanel will change or cd track.

pl said:
Does anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes when i try to turn the volume down using the controls on the steering wheel, the radio station jumps to the next preset station. The problem also happens when I have a CD in. I don't have a CD changer and and the radio is completly stock. I do have the hk system.

Please help

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Re: Re: volume control on steering wheel

Also since they changed my radio, I have a new screen option for "Speed Volume" which used to be a hidden option. It's an actual option now. The suck part is that now my HK is making popping noises with the new radio. I took the subs off over the holidays to fit my inlaws suit cases in the trunk. Guess what, no poping noises. I think the HK is not properly grounded. But I'm going to let the dealer fix this one, I found out the cost to replace the HK sub unit is like $700. They better fix it.

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
NO people. he is not doing it wrong.

I have the same problem. The dealer replaced my radio and I still have the issue. When you press the down volume at times the next chanel will change or cd track.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts