BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Yes, No, Maybe so?

• Yeah! That\'s fricken cool, dawg!! Do it!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Hell no man, you on crack?!!?

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Like, I dont know...I just wanted to vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be easy to make a device that when the ignition is turned on, it says in a senthesised voice,"Welcome" and if you dont have your seatbelt on after like 5 seconds, it would say "buckle up" or "buckle up, please"??

I think this would be really cool. Anyone else...has anyone done this or does anyone think it would be awesome?:dunno:

P.S. the voice would be something like that of Cerebro on X-men and the prompts would be similar to those on James Bond's car(7 series) in one of his movies

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,330 Posts
I remember some of the mid-late 80's model 300ZX had a voice prompt that said "Lights are on" and "door ajar." It got annoying QUICK...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:bump:

<embed src="http://www.jeje.nu/xmen/x1/audio/welcome.au" width=25 height=25 autostart=true repeat=false loop=false>

·
1,101 Posts
my hardwired radar detector- says "welcome, buckle your seat belt, beep rrrr beep bionk bionk"

when people come inside my car they freak out, chicks love it. like knight rider or something.

personally i dont even hear it anymore. it doesnt bother me you get used to it. but i like it

·
Registered
147 Posts
My parents had a 1981 Nissan Maxima back in the day. That car had all sorts of voice promts like Please Turn off the lights and The Key is in the ignition

But the coolest I've seen is the autopc by Clarion. I got that in my truck. Not only does it have all sorts of voice prompts but it is also a Voice Activated Navigation System. You can change the Voice to many sound schemes like knight rider, the simpsons, sienfeild and others. My favorite is the sluty female voice. When you turn it on she says I missed while you were gone and when you use the infared port she says Would you like to check my oil with your dipstick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts