BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my VB3s after being on backorder for about a month. I didn't realize they would change the look of the car so much (previously Style 96s).

VMR VB3 18 x 8.5, ET-40
General Exclaim UHP 235/40/18

Side question: I have OEM wheel locks on the VB3s at the moment. I know if someone really wants my wheels they're going to take them, but is there a "better" brand for wheel locks? Or, I also have a spare set of OEM wheel locks. Would it make any sense to use two sets simultaneously?

I hope you all enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
648 Posts
lovin it.... i say add a front bumper and ur

BALLIN

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lovin it.... i say add a front bumper and ur

BALLIN
That is definitely in the works. I'm looking to add a M-tech II front, maybe rear at some point. Gotta wait for more money though :bawling:!

Are those the newer style OEM centercaps I see?
To be completely honest, I have no idea. I didn't know the wheels wouldn't come with center caps so I had to swing by the stealership. Part # is 36 13 6 783 536.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
a front bumper is a must!

i say using 2 different wheel locks at the same time wont hurt, just make sure you have the keys in the car *knockonwood you get a flat

·
Hawaii 3.0
5,373 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Looks good! Thank you very much for your patience :)

Regarding the wheel locks, the OE's will work just as well as anything else out there. Unfortunately, if someone has been eyeing to take your wheels, he will have the appropriate wheel lock "breaker" that takes no effort to unscrew the bolts.

In the professional trade, we have access to universal wheel lock openers which are used when a customer loses wheel locks. The socket gets hammered into the wheel lock (destroying yt), and you can unscrew with a socket wrench. Because there are many different size wheel locks, they come in a set...

Your best bet is to insure your modification with your insurance company and call it a day. Or perhaps check your deductible, because when wheels/tires get stolen, you can get your insurane to reimburse you for OE wheels/tires, which, fortunately, BMW charges an arm and leg for :D.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
really nice man :drool:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good! Thank you very much for your patience :)

Regarding the wheel locks, the OE's will work just as well as anything else out there. Unfortunately, if someone has been eyeing to take your wheels, he will have the appropriate wheel lock "breaker" that takes no effort to unscrew the bolts.

In the professional trade, we have access to universal wheel lock openers which are used when a customer loses wheel locks. The socket gets hammered into the wheel lock (destroying yt), and you can unscrew with a socket wrench. Because there are many different size wheel locks, they come in a set...

Your best bet is to insure your modification with your insurance company and call it a day. Or perhaps check your deductible, because when wheels/tires get stolen, you can get your insurane to reimburse you for OE wheels/tires, which, fortunately, BMW charges an arm and leg for :D.
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to check on my insurance. I didn't even think about that until now.

And, thanks for the compliments everyone. It's making me feel better about my "investments" :woot:.

·
Registered
16,099 Posts
If you just want a deterrant against theft for your wheels then buy a set of RAD locks and put one lock on each wheel. Or if you feel like the extra peace of mind get 4 sets of RAD locks and put a different set on each wheel.

To the average person CSL wheels just look like normal wheels that are multi-spoke. To a car person, they would know the difference.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts