BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of folks making the distinction between sedan and coupe mirrors for the e46. Besides differences in fit, can you visibly tell the difference between the two? I'm looking at buying a stock mirror from a guy who told me the piece came off a coupe, but it looks identical to my sedan mirror. All the coupe mirrors I've seen seem to have an extra curve at the bottom on the front side in the painted area. I'd sure appreciate it if you guys could weigh in.

TIA-

JP

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
jpuckett said:
I see a lot of folks making the distinction between sedan and coupe mirrors for the e46. Besides differences in fit, can you visibly tell the difference between the two? I'm looking at buying a stock mirror from a guy who told me the piece came off a coupe, but it looks identical to my sedan mirror. All the coupe mirrors I've seen seem to have an extra curve at the bottom on the front side in the painted area. I'd sure appreciate it if you guys could weigh in.

TIA-

JP
there are visual difference between a coupe and sedan mirrors. the coupes have little ridges on top of the mirror, and coupe mirrors are not as boxy. last thing, i don't think coupe mirrors fit on sedans and vice versa.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, they are not interchangable. That's why I'm asking, see I have to replace my passenger mirror off my sedan. I'm looking at a mirror this guy has to sell, but he tells me it is off a coupe; however, in looking at photos of the mirror itself, it looks identical to my sedan mirror. I'm thinking he must be mistaken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts