BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying out a new blower, the T-Trim V2, same pulley as the Stage 2 on the standard S-trim, approx, 10 psi, 91 octane and just as quiet as the S-Trim! Comparison pics below.

All data looked good, timing CF, intake temps, AFR etc. and it was extemely hot in the shop! 92 degrees. Here's the results, 3 different correction factors. I have a vid as well, I'll edit that and post later. VF is planning a Stage 3, with lowered compression, hopefully that will be ready soon. :thumbsup:

T-Trim vs. S-Trim Inlets

S-Trim

T-Trim

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
when will you be ready for some runs man?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Trying out a new blower, the T-Trim V2, same pulley as the Stage 2 on the standard S-trim, approx, 10 psi, 91 octane and just as quiet as the S-Trim! Comparison pics below.

All data looked good, timing CF, intake temps, AFR etc. and it was extemely hot in the shop! 92 degrees. Here's the results, 3 different correction factors. I have a vid as well, I'll edit that and post later. VF is planning a Stage 3, with lowered compression, hopefully that will be ready soon. :thumbsup:
Nice numbers.. I thought the T-Trim was only available in V1 form though. Did they come out with a new V2- T Trim?? I like the V1 blowers better, u get a nice whine to them.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice numbers.. I thought the T-Trim was only available in V1 form though. Did they come out with a new V2- T Trim?? I like the V1 blowers better, u get a nice whine to them.
Thanks Nate, they make a V2 T Trim now, it's much quieter, I like the V1 whine as well, but after awhile it would get to me lol.

when will you be ready for some runs man?

When do you get your car back from HPF?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Thanks Nate, they make a V2 T Trim now, it's much quieter, I like the V1 whine as well, but after awhile it would get to me lol.

Shiet i'll take that whine over my loud azz exhaust anyday...do u have race cats or a section 1 rasp pipe?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

next week should be back at my house...you wanna do that malibu run soon? start calling some ppl and ill do the same

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
next week should be back at my house...you wanna do that malibu run soon? start calling some ppl and ill do the same
Sounds good, I'll PM some of the big guns and see if they're in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice 50rwhp gain with a simple compressor swap. :)

Also kudos for posting dyno graphs in all three correction factors! :thumbsup:
For me it was about 30, lol, still it's worth it! I plan on doing some race gas pulls soon, appreciate the props Bro! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I missed that part or Drew didn't post it. :dunno:
It's there Bro, it's about 8.9 to 10psi, each car is never exact in psi. The plan is to go Stage 3, I wouldn't run this setup all the time without WI or race gas.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Power gains are power gains. :rofl: The End. :)

Hopefully see you at MFest! :hi:
haha, this is true! Hope to see you there as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
It's there Bro, it's about 8.9 to 10psi, each car is never exact in psi. The plan is to go Stage 3, I wouldn't run this setup all the time without WI or race gas.
Opps. First line. :pimpin:

You have WI already, so you're in the clear.

When will Stage 3 happen?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Opps. First line. :pimpin:

You have WI already, so you're in the clear.

When will Stage 3 happen?
Hopefully as soon as possible! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts