BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i just purchased my BMW and turns out the guy who sold it only had coil-overs on the front not rear. So please just looking for a low costing set of coilovers to fix what this jerk didn't tell me about. Thank and you

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Hello i just purchased my BMW and turns out the guy who sold it only had coil-overs on the front not rear. So please just looking for a low costing set of coilovers to fix what this jerk didn't tell me about. Thank and you

Do you track?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't yet just bought my sexy 2002 m3 and just need to fix this ASAP. Please anyone who has some coilovers or set of lowering springs PM me. I have paypal also thank you

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Are there lowering springs in the rear? Seems like he put springs, and didn't like the wheel gap in the front so he put coils up there only. If your not going to track often, then just get lowering springs up front, but I doubt anyone on here only has rear coils for sale. What coils are on right now? You don't want two different pairs of coils on your car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i am just looking for a full set of coilovers for cheap. The guy had ksport coilovers on the front and has tein lowering springs in rear. I was pretty upset when i found out and just want to fix this for has cheap as possible. I am a disabled veteran and just wanted to post on the forum to see if i could get help on here first before i spend $1000 on new ones.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah honestly looking to spend 600$ shipped. Please anyone willing to help a veteran out ofa tough spot.

·
Premium Member
20,929 Posts
go check the forum classifieds

·
Registered
26,165 Posts

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. Guys put coilovers on all the time...and change springs in back too.

Is the car too low, tires rubbing? Or is everything blown and in need of replacement.

Cheapest might actually be to find the stock components for your car having come off a car that someone modded. Just another reason why I like stock! Just saying.

GL!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for replying.... The problem is it bothers me he lied to me and i hate that it has different components on. Sry if that seems weird just paid alot and want everything to be perfect.

·
Registered
26,165 Posts
I don't know that much about struts and shocks, but my front struts have a spring over the shock, but don't know if that makes them coilovers or not. They're not adjustable on mine, I know.

Shocks and springs in the rear are standard.

You may be trying to fix a matter of style and preference and not really a problem. You might be able to save your $600.

Post photos of your car.

Also, I'll say that so many here that own this car...now 13 years old...have done a lot of modifications to them, so it may be that this was something he did so long ago he forgot...or perhaps he didn't do, but you think he did for some reason. Sounds like you know more about these things than me, but I probably have read more Fanatics than you!

Anyway, don't hate on the kid about this. Better you hate on him about the things he should've done that he didn't tell you he hasn't done!

You'll figure out pretty soon that our old clunkers need a bit of maintaining, so hope you enjoy doing stuff like this! There are many fun projects available on our cars, even the great M...even if they're Fern Green!

·
Premium Member
20,929 Posts
you could get a part # from the K sports, and order a set of GC coilover springs and adjuster, and esseintailly make Ksport/GC coilovers too.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thank you everyone for replying.... The problem is it bothers me he lied to me and i hate that it has different components on. Sry if that seems weird just paid alot and want everything to be perfect.

That is the design of the suspension. The rears does not have,and will not accomadate a true coil over shock. What you have is correct and the terminology used for it is still "coilover". You can do some research and learn about e46's and also search other suspension kits and you will find that you are all set.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That is the design of the suspension. The rears does not have,and will not accomadate a true coil over shock. What you have is correct and the terminology used for it is still "coilover". You can do some research and learn about e46's and also search other suspension kits and you will find that you are all set.
:clap:

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
not digging the disabled part of the thread. but just throw on some lowering springs on old stock shocks if you have them and save up money for real coil overs

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Define cheap. I can't see your location on mobile, but St coils are around 800 and ride like a dream. Not for places where salt is used on the road. Other good coils within a budget are BC and KW v1s. Dunno if racelands can be had for the m3 as well but please stay far from those

Sent from my LG-P999

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Define cheap. I can't see your location on mobile, but St coils are around 800 and ride like a dream. Not for places where salt is used on the road. Other good coils within a budget are BC and KW v1s. Dunno if racelands can be had for the m3 as well but please stay far from those

Sent from my LG-P999
race lands are not made for m3's but honestly i wouldn't hate on something you haven't driven on before. :facepalm: .. i currently have race land fronts and b&g linear springs and bilstein sports in the rear and the ride is better than most name brand coil overs. true I'm not using the rear which makes a standard race land setup horrible but i accomplished my setup for about 550 bucks and i know people with m3's and non-m's with kw's and h&r coils and they are more than impressed about my setup. i have taken it into the canyons 4 times since the install and perform beyond my expectations with the rest of my suspension setup. ( bars, poly bushings) my setup will be equal to your "name brand" setup on the track :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I haven't experienced racelands on a BMW. But I've been in a Civic and GTI with them. They sucked. You get what you pay for. ST would be great if your live somewhere that doesn't snow. Nothing but good reviews on those.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sry that i have a brain injury and i lost my dominate arm serving my country and all the amazing people in in

·
Premium Member
20,929 Posts
Wtf does that have to do with anything.
Are you looking for sympathy or suspension help.
Dude you're not the only get here, and you're damn sure not the only disabled one. So please, just drop it if I has no relevance.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts