E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only happens at speeds of 20-40 mph and car is coming to a stop (foot off the gas pedal). The idle will fluctuate between 800-1000 rpm. Seems to happen only when the car is wormed up (about 5 mins into driving). Now here is the kicker: it does not happen when the A/C is ON! With the A/C ON, the idle speed does not fluctuate in that speed range. This weekend I replaced oil separator (CCV) + separator vacuum hoses. I have also cleaned the icv and throttle body. Need help, this is driving me nuts!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turned out to be vanos oil pressure hose. there was a vacuum leak where the hose was crimped at the factory. replaced the hose this past weekend. the easiest way to get to the lower part of the hose is from under the car.
hope this info helps somebody

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the part # for the pressure hose is 11-36-1-705-532. you also have to use four new crush washers # 32-41-1-093-596. to get better access to the hose remove the filter box/maf sensor assembly. all in all a very easy job.

·
• DFW •
1,929 Posts
do you know if the car was throwing a code via SES light?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.