E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so ever since I got my car which is a 02 325ci vert, ive had a problem with the doors. I know they are heavy and all, but they close wayy tooo hard and slam almost 90% of the time. Ive adapted to this by closing it very softly cuz i know the value of a bmw. But my stupid a$$ passengers dont know it and they always slam the dang door even after the 25th time of telling them not to slam it :banghead:. I know they arent doing it on purpose, but even a soft pull and the doors end up with a slam. I think thats also how that window regulator on the pass. door died =(. Anyways i end up yelling at them and sht and apparently they dont like me hahaa. But like if my sister slams it i end up punching her in the face and she starts kickin around in the car and putting scuff marks on the beige .. =/ Kinda tired of all this hassle.

Does anyone know of a way to tighten the doors up or put any material in between the door and the car to make it close softer?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
You just gotta live with it, stop punching people in the face is a start.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ dont know how many times ive tried that, in the end its all the samee

im sure someone around here has made their doors close like a sedan e46??

·
Registered
25,488 Posts
Okay so ever since I got my car which is a 02 325ci vert, ive had a problem with the doors. I know they are heavy and all, but they close wayy tooo hard and slam almost 90% of the time. Ive adapted to this by closing it very softly cuz i know the value of a bmw. But my stupid a$$ passengers dont know it and they always slam the dang door even after the 25th time of telling them not to slam it :banghead:. I know they arent doing it on purpose, but even a soft pull and the doors end up with a slam. I think thats also how that window regulator on the pass. door died =(. Anyways i end up yelling at them and sht and apparently they dont like me hahaa. But like if my sister slams it i end up punching her in the face and she starts kickin around in the car and putting scuff marks on the beige .. =/ Kinda tired of all this hassle.

Does anyone know of a way to tighten the doors up or put any material in between the door and the car to make it close softer?
:rofl: Wow...

Well, if you actually bought the car, then lock the doors and tell the person they can't get in unless they make an effort gently close the door. If they don't want to try, don't let them in.

Unless your parents bought the car for you or you are using their car so that you can drive your sister to school or something. In that case, that's what you get for not buying a car yourself.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:rofl: Wow...

Well, if you actually bought the car, then lock the doors and tell the person they can't get in unless they make an effort gently close the door. If they don't want to try, don't let them in.

Unless your parents bought the car for you or you are using their car so that you can drive your sister to school or something. In that case, that's what you get for not buying a car yourself.
HAHA, i mean yeah they bought it but I take real good care of it you wouldnt believe lol!! and im not the type of person who gets a car from their parents and who just takes it for granted. but anyways yeah im just worried about any more damage being done by slamming. can window regulators be destroyed by this???

and im just debating abuot when to put another regulator in because i dont wanna waste money on a new one and have that broken as well.

·
Registered
25,488 Posts
HAHA, i mean yeah they bought it but I take real good care of it you wouldnt believe lol!! and im not the type of person who gets a car from their parents and who just takes it for granted. but anyways yeah im just worried about any more damage being done by slamming. can window regulators be destroyed by this???

and im just debating abuot when to put another regulator in because i dont wanna waste money on a new one and have that broken as well.
I suggest you start saving up money, and buying the car off your parents later. It'll make things much easier. Then you can follow my above advice of locking the doors and not letting your sister in if she keeps slamming the doors. Until then, you can't really do a thing about it other than wait it out, since technically it will be your parents car, and they will still consider it their car even though they "gave" it to you.

This is the route I took. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
im sure someone around here has made their doors close like a sedan e46??
The sedan doors are "predictable" -- they always line up the same way and the frame means you can have a full perimeter rubber seal to help cushion them when they're shut.

Because the two door E46 has frameless doors, the window is likely to be in any vertical position as well as various stages of adjustment. When the window's down the door will always slam hard. When it's up it ends up hitting the edges of the glass.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ it slams hard no matter what even up or down.. ohh well looks like im going to have to live with it. i just though that my doors had something wrong with them which is why they slammed overly hard, but looks like everybody else had slamming coupe/vert doors as well. does it still slamming screw up your regulator though?

·
Registered
25,488 Posts
^ it slams hard no matter what even up or down.. ohh well looks like im going to have to live with it. i just though that my doors had something wrong with them which is why they slammed overly hard, but looks like everybody else had slamming coupe/vert doors as well. does it still slamming screw up your regulator though?
From my experience, the regulators just broke from wear and the plastic not being strong enough. Possibly they are designed this way so that the plastic breaks before the glass if something hard gets closed in the windows.

I would suggest never pushing down on the window. I think this may be a cause of failure, like resting your elbow on a window that isn't all the way down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts