E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the acs lip will fit onto a vcsl front bumper?

Or has anyone successfully done this?

Any advise from someone that has first hand experience (meaning has had a vcsl bumper and acs lip in there own possesion and tried fitting these two components together themselves) would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really looking for major modification

Just hoping someone who actually tried this first hand can chime in

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
OP, do you even know what a VCSL looks like.. there is no way a ACS lip is going to fit without molding it.. lol the race lip is only $85 more...im not sure how this option is going to be cheaper..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ calm yourself now... Lol

There are alot more used acs lips fs for 100-150 compared to one piece race lips out there...

Seriously,I appreciate the comments but only if they are in some way useful/helpful

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And to answer your question, which is rather silly, about me even knowing what a vcsl bumper looks like...
Comon man are you serious, Thats what I have on my car, so YES I know what it looks like.

Have you, bEAmNe46, tried fitting an acs lip onto an actual vcsl bumper yourself?! If not then please move along...
I'm looking for advise from someone that has tried it themselves to give me feedback, like how it fit or if it didn't, how off was it, and in what spots etc...

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
And to answer your question, which is rather silly, about me even knowing what a vcsl bumper looks like...
Comon man are you serious, Thats what I have on my car, so YES I know what it looks like.

Have you, bEAmNe46, tried fitting an acs lip onto an actual vcsl bumper yourself?! If not then please move along...
I'm looking for advise from someone that has tried it themselves to give me feedback, like how it fit or if it didn't, how off was it, and in what spots etc...
i am calm... if you think about it man, after you buy the acs lip..and spend the money having it painted and molded to your bumper..it will cost you far more then it would if you just bought a race lip...

P.S
MR.Adam... i want your wheels..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Absolutely will not fit without some decent modification.
Where was it most off at, you don't happen to have pics when you tried fitting it do you?!

Where were the gaps mainly at and was it like the gaps on j4kone46's hartge lip on his csl bumper?!

More specifics would be greatly helpful and appreciated

Thank you

i am calm... if you think about it man, after you buy the acs lip..and spend the money having it painted and molded to your bumper..it will cost you far more then it would if you just bought a race lip...

P.S
MR.Adam... i want your wheels..
This is why I made this thread... To see if I could get away with not having to mold the acs lip and still make it look descent...
I totally understand that if molding was the Complete and ONLY, again I stress ONLY, option it's a no brainer to just get the race lip...

But unless you can tell me that you, YOU, You yourself, have tried this personally... Again thank you but no thanks for your "suggestive & theoretical" input.

·
Registered
304 Posts
so you wana be a superstar and rice out the M huh? sure....

Just take the CF CSL sliders off and plug and play with the VCSL bumper and a ACS lip. Looks really stupid but whatever makes you happy.

:facepalm:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honestly

How is that rice?!
Please explain...

I'm not doing anything different, people put these lips on there m3s all the time and people have csl bumpers on alot of there m3s as well.

If you were being sarcastic and I didn't catch that, my appologies. But I dont see how this is rice. Elaborate, please

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where was it most off at, you don't happen to have pics when you tried fitting it do you?!

Where were the gaps mainly at and was it like the gaps on j4kone46's hartge lip on his csl bumper?!

More specifics would be greatly helpful and appreciated

Thank you
You seem to be getting really stressed out over this for some reason.

Anyways

Jun's lip had two gaps that needed to be filled in the upper right and upper left hand corners. Where the VCSL bumper has the holes for the actual lip to be set in place. Once that is done, you'll probably have to mold the entire upper portion of the lip completely in order for it to be flush and look good. I doubt it will look good in the middle portion and might not even fit the bottom of the bumper properly..

If you really calculate costs, ACS Lip + Shaping + Filling + Molding, + Repainting the whole Bumper Again.
You'll probably be at more than double what an actual VCSL Lip would cost... Seems like a no brainer.

I wouldn't do it. Like he said above, it will look ricey if not properly executed... Mis matched parts are never flattering when you know they aren't supposed to go together, and if you look at one of the pix posted above, the outside of the lip doesn't flow with the wheel well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No not stressed with the task, but jist annoyed by ignorance displayed by some.

Juns lip where the mesh grill on the bumper meets the lip (corner areas)
There is a mild gap there, which I'm
Ok with that.

What else did Jum have to do to his lip? Modify the outer edges?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Again I understand and fully grasp the fact that it's much more efficient going the race lip route vs the whole mold an modify route... I'm simply trying to find out how intnse the modification would be if at all in order to fit the acs lip onto the vcsl bumper...
M3machine... So did you do juns installation yourself? Did you assist Jun in the process or is this what you've heard through the grape vine?!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Get a pic of a CSL bumper, no you have one so you can eye it up. Then buy, barrow, steal, or look at a pic of the ACS lip. Eye it up in your mind and see if it fits, common sense, like blocks going into shapes as a kid. Sorry to be a pain, I couldn't resist. It looks like your gonna have to be the guinea pig on this one OP. No ones tried it and in my honest opinion the one piece splitter will look way better than that ever would.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts