BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much are y'all paying for vanity plates?

I want some for my M Roadster, but unless I am missing something, more than 4 characters here in Texas is going to run me upwards of $180! :yikes:

I have far better things to do with $180.

Anyway, just curious.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Ironman
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. You get get 4 letters/numbers for cheap with a special plate, but I want 5 characters and a space. That's $180!

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nice car Victor, I saw the video, very nice :clap:
Thx... a few more things have been done since then... I finally got my OEM LED rears and 3rd brake light.. :)

Isn't the fee more now with the ugly gold plates?
Yupp, I think its about $30 more dollars, rediculous. When I got the renewal in the mail for the A6 I was like huh?..extra for the ugly plates? Not gonna happen. I kept the old plates on. Little did I know that My son had already paid the registration online and ordered the "new" plates. He said he liked them...MmmHmmm...not gonna happen. Needless to say they have been in the envelope for months and will not be put on......ever. edited. if you have personalized plates its your choice to change plates or not. All new registrations have to get the new plates.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thx... a few more things have been done since then... I finally got my OEM LED rears and 3rd brake light.. :)

Yupp, I think its about $30 more dollars, rediculous. When I got the renewal in the mail for the A6 I was like huh?..extra for the ugly plates? Not gonna happen. I kept the old plates on. Little did I know that My son had already paid the registration online and ordered the "new" plates. He said he liked them...MmmHmmm...not gonna happen. Needless to say they have been in the envelope for months and will not be put on......ever.
Doesn't the DMV offer BMW CCA plates? You have any idea what the cost for those are and if there are any requirements to get them?

·
Registered
775 Posts
:facepalm: Well, you clearly didn't click the link.
I did. Then, I clicked on "personalized" and got:

More than 100,000 Texans have customized their vehicles by ordering personalized license plates. We invite you to give your vehicle that one-of-a-kind touch through our specialty license plate marketing vendor, My Plates.
Same thing when I tried to select a few different styles, without personalizing them.

Am I missing something?

·
Ironman
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:facepalm: Well, you clearly didn't click the link.
I did. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it will not accept spaces or dashes.

I want "EM DOT". It tells me I have an invalid character.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts