BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing if anyone is interested in having a pretty large car enthusiast gathering in Vancouver, BC. It is kinda like a car rally. Plans are set for early summer or late spring and if it is successful I will make it an annual meet.

The plan is to meet somewhere in the Vancouver area and then drive up to Whistler. I think the Whistler drive will be quite fun to do. Then we will stay in Whistler for one night and have a party there where you will get to hang out and get to know other car enthusiasts in the area. Pricing is still undetermined since I need to see the interest level to determine what deal I can get on hotels.

If you are interested and know people who would be interested please leave me a message or email me at [email protected] . Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no responses at all ??

i guess no one intersted in the Vancouver area ...

Common guys. This is a great opportunity to start something great. At least give me some feedback to the idea.
Thanks

·
Europrojektz NW
994 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. I didn't see this post until today but definitely set something up for March so more people can hear about this.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Shiftin.com will be holding a bunch of street races come good weather. We're also going to be holding a huge meet with a few of the local sites, cruise out to Seattle's race track.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll go... is it going to be a ski vacation? Don't have snows, so can't go if it's snowing... it'll be a great idea!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK

Lets try to clear some things up. The meet will be near the late spring early summer time so there is no snow on the sea to sky highway. I believe there are still some runs open during that time of the year so if there are some skiers they are free to go. The meet/rally is available to everyone that is willing to pay for hotel and stuff. I will have many friends going just to try to get the ball rolling. So far the sign ups are 1 M3, 1 SC430, 1 Porsche Turbo, 1 G35 coupe, 1 Honda accord coupe. If you are intersted plz pm me your email so I can reply to you. Also, if you have friends that are intersted in going then by all means invite them. The more people we have the more fun it will be.

Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also thank you for those who have offered to help. A response will be sent when more things are confirmed.

THanks
Bryant

·
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai
2,489 Posts
suuurree.. an organized meet sounds good.

p.s.Colour wolf.. got your tint done yet?

·
Para-Magic
686 Posts

·
Para-Magic
686 Posts
Forget it, i'm out

After going to "shiftin.com" and reading about street-racing i'm out!! The street is no place for racing. If you want to race, be a man...bring it out to the autocross track where we can see how good you really are. I dont associate with street racers, its dangerous and its stupid... :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am not associated with shiftin.com or any other site. This is just a friendly get together of car enthusiasts for a good fun time. I never said anything about races.

information will be officially out in the next few weeks for all those that are interested. I will first have to make a trip up to whistler to find locations for certain things.

ps i did get the tints done. They are great. Thanks.

·
Banned
739 Posts
bmwerkes said:
After going to "shiftin.com" and reading about street-racing i'm out!! The street is no place for racing. If you want to race, be a man...bring it out to the autocross track where we can see how good you really are. I dont associate with street racers, its dangerous and its stupid... :thumbdwn:

Since when do you have to be a man to goto Autocross or Mission? If you had a job, you would know that it's impossible to make it out to Mission street legals, and autocrossing isn't often.

I'd rather go to an industrial isolated area where there is no one around except those participating. One entrance/exit, and no one can get hurt except those that are driving. So where's the problem?

Get your head out of your ass, and grow up. Drags have gone on for 20 years or longer in Vancouver, and only within the last 2 years have a bunch of hongers and r i c e r s started racing on busy streets.

Race smart and it's fun and safe.

·
Registered
239 Posts
okok, not sure what's going on .. but i thought color wolf's talking about a trip touring up whistler rather than racing each other up .. something like what brian jessel's annual scavenger hunt event without prizes rite ?

color_wolf: if it's not racing then PM me when u have more info. =)

·
Banned
739 Posts
color_wolf said:
wow ...

talk about jacking a thread ...

the racist comments are not really needed in here FredS

What, r i c e r s is a racist term now? That's amusing. Honger's are aswell? Then so be it. Goto Richmond and you'll see them all driving around with disregard for the rest of the public.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts