E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gasket is replaced so thats good. While reinstalling I sheared the center stud in the front. (Pic 1) Nearest BMW shop is 65 miles away so can I get away with driving it with it missing? If Not can I seal it with RTV and drive it? Second this little brittle tube next to O2 sensors decided to snap since I wasn't having a bad enough time already(Pic 2). So what is it, what do I do about it, and can I drive with it? I seriously have no way of getting to a bmw dealer/shop without the car so driving is my main problem. I can patch them to get me there and plan on fixing them straight away.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwNqHuJrGfA7aGRNLURTTnRBZEk/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwNqHuJrGfA7d3Rkc0Jybmw4blk/edit?usp=sharing_a_

· Premium Member
2021 Lexus ES300h Premium
29,647 Posts
That tube is a vacuum line. Replace it with generic vacuum line from your local parts store. Or tape it temporarily no biggy

The broken stud. no biggy. you could drive around the world with it broken. worst case you'll have an oil leak.

you're good to go. flip your ponytail and drop it in drive until you can fix it

· Registered
692 Posts
That tube is a vacuum line. Replace it with generic vacuum line from your local parts store. Or tape it temporarily no biggy

The broken stud. no biggy. you could drive around the world with it broken. worst case you'll have an oil leak.

you're good to go. flip your ponytail and drop it in drive until you can fix it
what? what??? i think you are bipolar. or someone hacked your account. the way you move between e46 maintenance nazi and "it's all good man" is artful.

· Premium Member
2021 Lexus ES300h Premium
29,647 Posts
what? what??? i think you are bipolar. or someone hacked your account. the way you move between e46 maintenance nazi and "it's all good man" is artful.
i'm not going to tell him to tow his car to a dealer due to a vacuum line or busted valve cover stud. OP thinks it's an emergency when it's not. obviously he should fix these but it's not a tow-or-die situation

· Registered
43 Posts
Agree with Mango. I had the same problem and I drove to the dealership for 10 miles and all was fine.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
+2. You obviously want to get this stuff fixed but its by no means an emergency. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.