E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been really interested in these mirrors for quite some time now, the only problem being that they were no longer being produced so you'd have to wait until one popped up for sale used (few and far between).

well, they started making them again!! :thumbsup:

http://www.stealthmirror.com/index.html

you can request them with a 2-way mirror (replacing your autodim mirror glass) or get your current mirror etched to retain autodimming. the etched design is definitely the coolest i've seen!!!

Etched Mirror Solutions
For an integrated solution that matches up to advanced features in your mirror and etched installation is often ideal. In this scenario the actual mirror glass is etched such that the radar detector display is visible through the glass. With this approach the display is clearly visible and can be integrated with features such as auto-dimming but is not as stealthy as other solutions.

Two-way Mirrors
When a more stealthy integrated install is required options are available to replace the mirror with two-way glass, in this way the radar detector is almost invisible when switched off but can be seen clearly when the system is active. If you are concerned about other people knowing that you have a radar detector then a two-way mirror combined with a kill switch is often ideal.
just thought i'd pass this along. :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
i just sent them an email, but where are these people based out of..its seems a bit sketchy, but looks legit enough...so i couldn't find anywhere to order from..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nothing new...people on the g35/350z forums have been doing this themselves for about 6 years
anyone can do it themselves, however not everyone can make it look as good as this:

;)

i just sent them an email, but where are these people based out of..its seems a bit sketchy, but looks legit enough...so i couldn't find anywhere to order from..
northeast US i believe, but don't quote me on that. the guy has been modifying mirrors for a while now (Porsche, etc) but i think he just started his business officially.

·
Registered
732 Posts
so how much for a mirrow with a V1...also these can go into non-m right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it's only a V1 remote display, it does not include the radar detector. just wanted to point that out. you'd have to email them for a price. i have nothing to do with the company other than wanting to buy a mirror from them. :)

yes, any mirror would work. i think you can send yours in. the one pictured is one for sale on the website, so if you wanted to "upgrade" to an oval M mirror in your current ride, that would do it. ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
The price on the site says $400 plus shipping....pretty cool feature

Edit: Pretty hefty price tag when you add on the cost of the detector...close to $900 for the whole package -- i'll stick to my 5 over in the city and 10 on the highway rule and hope for the best!

·
Registered
466 Posts
go check out my350z.com and compare they guy that did it as side projects looked like that...actually unless that is his site they stole his pics

·
Registered
732 Posts
so who stole whos lpics?

·
Registered
106 Posts
These mirrors are nice, but if someone could incorporate the actual detector electronics into the mirror (including the foward and rearward sensors) then it would be really stealthy.

Another ideal is to incorporate the V1 into the mirror except for the display and then use the JL Stealthbox for the display thru the NAV or radio.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These mirrors are nice, but if someone could incorporate the actual detector electronics into the mirror (including the foward and rearward sensors) then it would be really stealthy.

Another ideal is to incorporate the V1 into the mirror except for the display and then use the JL Stealthbox for the display thru the NAV or radio.

this gets asked a lot and bottom line is it can't be done. when you take the cover off of the V1 you can see why; it's all 1 piece.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I see your point. And its probably not worth it to disassemble and reconfigure the components so they might fit. Also the total volumne needed might be greater than space avaiable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts