BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was working in my car the other day replacing my oil filter housing gasket when i broke this end off the "Y" support on the intake elbow. upon tuging on on the vacuum line to secure it with tape i noticted the other end wasnt even connected to anything. :facepalm:

The vacuum line is 5mm x 1 meter... can anyone tell me where this line goes the diagrams dont show any indication of this line... i believe this may have something to do with my crankcase ventilation :hmm:

please help

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ok!

There was a post all about that little "T", at Bimmerforums in the last two weeks or so... maybe three weeks.
I just can't recall everything. P.M. Dane Wilson there.
Problem solved...

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would be awesome if that was the other end of the line to the exhaust valve. I've done the golf tee mod, but it makes more sense to cap the vacuum at the source - and eliminate any possible vacuum leaks down the line.

·
Registered
467 Posts
One line goes to jet sucking pump that regulates (opens and closes) your brake booster vacuum, the other goes to your fuel filter for fuel pressure regulation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vacuum Line

I ran my 325i without any connection for several years without any noticable effect. I still do not know what it does or how it affects the engine performance. The only iformation I get from the forums is "it is connected to the fuel pressure regulator" which does not tell me what it does!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Idk either but from what i have read it can decrease your mpg as much as 3-4mpg. it might be best to just replace the fuel filter and the line its what i plan on doing :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts