E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've had both. I now have the V1. I really like the directional arrows and less falsing from other peoples radars detectors. I think the V1 is worth the extra money. This is a highly debated topic, but I've had both and prefer the V1, you will also hear the opposite. :dunno:

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have the Passport SRX and love it !! has the radar and Laser blocking " shifted " and that helps when on I95 going up to and through Connecticut .. damn cops love laser !!

·
Registered
297 Posts
V1 all the way. I swear by mine now that I've had it for a while. The source counter and directional arrows are so valuable to have, I don't know how you could live without 'em.

Not to mention, I saw a deal in Car and Driver recently where they tested the top of the line Passport model. I don't remember the name, but it's a $1400 system that has to be professionally installed ON your car. It consists of 6 detecteor pieces that are discreetly hidden on the outside of the car. Those are hardwired to a concealed display inside the car. Anyways, they said that the V1 was able to pick up radar from almost 400% further away than the $1400 passport system.

V1 is the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
///M_TEEJ said:
got a Passport 8500 instead?
I got the 8500 for my Lexus and the V1 for my BMW -- although the 8500 is okay, I should have spent the extra money for the V1 instead. I really like the directional arrows and the remote console.

·
blackonblack
227 Posts
don't even think twice about it. Spend the extra 100 bucks and buy the v1.

Its certainly the best detector out there. Hands down.

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
owner of both 8500 and v1 too.

v1 OWNS the 8500 hard!!!! :thumbup:

v1 for life. if i have 4 cars in the future, trust me... 4 cars will be equipped with V1.

v1 saved me from 2 tickets already, I SAW the cops pulled out right in front of me to pull over the car that i was going fast with.

HAPPENED TWICE!! sneaky cops :thumbdwn:

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
David328Ci said:
I am happy. The V1 is very sensitive, and give off lots of false alarms but better safe than sorry.
it's not false alarm if you know how to read them :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :flipoff:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got my V1 after I got nailed using my 8500 because I thought the radar was from a sign that I drove by everyday that set the detector off, well, that day there was a cop there too and I was not happy... V1 for life!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
V1 is better. I had the 8500 and my friend had the V1. We both agreed that the V1 is better in every way except that it is ugly and the actual text "K" "Ka" or "X" is not displayed in red. Instead a red dot is displayed next to the white label so at night you need to know by the sound, which band it is exactly. But if you want my opinion, don't waste your money on a radar detector. It can save your butt but being smarter at speeding will save you more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a V1 and love it - saved me again just a few days ago with a half-mile advance notice from the opposite side of a cresting hill.

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
Wkerat said:
Got my V1 after I got nailed using my 8500 because I thought the radar was from a sign that I drove by everyday that set the detector off, well, that day there was a cop there too and I was not happy... V1 for life!
not to get up in anyone's face, or start a war or anything- but the 8500 has a feature that would have prevented your unfortunate ticket, its called Expert Mode. more important for a driver to see than any bogey counter, or directional arrow, IMO

1 - 20 of 46 Posts