E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dinan Pimp
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a V1 on Friday and went to DC and back (from Buffalo) this weekend. Thought I'd share a few of my observations with you guys in regards to my V1.

I left the V1 in Logic mode the entire trip and I didn't come across and cops in PA at all. I didn't even use it in MD or VA for fear of getting it ganked because they are illegal. Does anyone know if the radar detectors are illegal in NY? I thought no but on my way back into to NY from PA there was a sign that said "no radar detectors allowed."

The Sherrifs in NY seemed to have K band the State Troppers were using Ka band and laser. Those dam road signs with the customized light up messages on them all have radar on them. They were constantly setting off the V1.

The directional arrows on the V1 are so friggin nice. They saved my ass a couple of times. I like how it tells you how many different radar are on the horizon.

On the way home I was doing about 80 on the 390 N (about 30 miles south of Rochester) and I had a radar message beep for one second and then just disapear. I was like "hmm that's odd...." about 5 minutes later I got pulled over by a State Trooper for speeding. He asked to see my liscense asked who I knew that was a trooper (because of my tropper sticker on the windshield) and once I told him he said. "Have a nice day" and let me go. :pimpin:

All in all I'm extremely impressed with the V1. The range is great and he directional arrows are nice becuase your not looking around wondering where the hell it's coming from. I learned first hand their not full proof. Laser will get will almost every time unless your in pack of cars and he shooting the cars in front of you.

In any event..what all have you guys noticed??

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,156 Posts
Good info bro... to bad its $400 for that :( I wish they made it smaller too.

·
No more E46 :(
2,536 Posts
CYBER PETE said:
...The range is great and he directional arrows are nice becuase your not looking around wondering where the hell it's coming from. I learned first hand their not full proof. Laser will get will almost every time unless your in pack of cars and he shooting the cars in front of you.
Exactly! I love my V1 :thumbup: . It's either V1 or no detector at all! :)

No radar detector is bullet proof and it works the best when you use commom sense!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
CYBER PETE said:
I left the V1 in Logic mode the entire trip and I didn't come across and cops in PA at all. I didn't even use it in MD or VA for fear of getting it ganked because they are illegal. Does anyone know if the radar detectors are illegal in NY? I thought no but on my way back into to NY from PA there was a sign that said "no radar detectors allowed."
I haven't been in MD in 4 years but I grew up there, last I heard detectors are 100% legal. DC and VA are illegal.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds like you got hit by some instant on laser action. Hard to beat that if you're the only car around. I have had some close calls before though with cars infront of my getting picked off. The V1 lights up and oh @$#%!!

They do say in the manual that if you pick up repeat short beeps, you could be picking up cars in front of you getting lasered, and it's time to slow down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.