E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys..I am stuck. According to the DIY from here http://www.bmw330ci.com/DIY_V1.htm I should be looking for a white harness with three wires. However, I found one but it has a black harness. I am assuming that it's probably because the year is different or model. However, I don't have a volt meter so I don't know which wire to tap into. I am assuming it's the clear one. Can someone please clarify.

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeremy...thanks for the quick response. I will go look for that harness right now.

Thanks again....

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Jeremy: You can also pick up a 12 volt test light, ground one end and then when the light comes up, you will know which one is the 12 volt trigger when the key is turned on.

good luck,
rik

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all your help. That white harness is really tucked on the passenger side. I almost didn't see it. Once I found it, everything went smoothly.

Thanks again guys for all your help.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
The white harness is there...but it is really tucked in on the passenger side. I had a hard time finding it when it hardwired my radar detector as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts