E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a new V1......i attached it last week to my cigarette lighter, and it did not work.......at first i thought something was wrong with the V1 itself because the cigarette thing actually works when i press it in, so i didnt think it was my lighter....

i went to the dealership for an oil change, and i had them check my fuse in the cigarette lighter.....the fuse was fine.....

i tried the V1 in my friend ford taurus and it works totally fine.....the V1 worked perfectly and actually spotted a bogey.

so, after i get my car back, i try the V1 again in my cig lighter and again, it does not work

what is the deal here? i have no idea what to do. i cannot hardwire it because my sister and i went halves on the detector...

what do i do?? :dunno:

·
Alpha Male
6,521 Posts
Is the adapter in all the way? Try pushing in the cig lighter adapter in harder. I know BMW ones are pretty tight when trying to plug things other than the lighter in.

·
Registered
422 Posts
ucbsupafly said:
I don't understand why you can't just hardwire it in your car. You can still easily transfer the V1 unit to your sister's car w/o unwiring anything. Just unplug the power cable.
exactly

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any other suggestions?

any other theories why its not working?

what should i tell BMW? if it is not the fuse, what can it be?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
0 Posts
I would try to rotate the V1 plug and insert it. Before I hardwired mine I remember it only worked if the plug was roated at a certain position when it was inserted into the cig plug.

Hope this helps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts