E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the rotors today and didn't have time to put them on. Anyways, I was checking my other wheels against my new suspension and thought I'd take a peek at what my brakes will look like next week. Man, I can't wait:

18" Hamnan PGII and 17" SSR Competition with 13" UUC Ultimate Big Brake Kit

·
Registered
517 Posts
whoa first member ive seen with 17 ssr comps. I've read different stuff about the ssr's strength.. How have they held up for you..Do you track with them or do you also use them for the streets.. Did you notice a huge difference between the differents wheels as the hamman are so much heavier.?

Nice ride btw...:D

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
smood1 said:
I've read different stuff about the ssr's strength.. How have they held up for you..Do you track with them or do you also use them for the streets.. Did you notice a huge difference between the differents wheels as the hamman are so much heavier.?

Nice ride btw...:D
- I heard that there were problems with the SSR Comps bending, but they were resolved with the recent versions.
- I only put them on when I get to an event
- Hamann PGIIs are HEAVY. The SSR comps are easily 10+ lbs in savings on each corner. I don't have numbers yet that show the difference in acceleration, but according to what I've read, 1 lb of savings on unsprung weight is equal to 7 lbs of sprung weight. I need to find my G-Tech Pro.
- Thanks for the compliment :D

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
Thats beautiful! how much do the SSR Comps go for?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts