E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im very happy, yet sad at the same time. I called uuc on may 31st asking when the swaybarbarians would be taken off of backorder. the guy on the phone said in 4 days they'll get off backorder. so i ordered the sways on the 1st of june hoping that they will be taken off backorder within the next few days. well i checked online rite now (7th of june) and it still says the status is on backorder. :bawling: anyway, i was wondering if anyone has dealt with backordered stuff and how long it takes to get it. also, i was thinking about calling them again, but my schedule contradicts the timelines for calling them. ( im currently deployed to iraq). so hopefully i can find some answers here, or even one of the reps. can chime in. thanks for just listening to me sob.

·
Registered
885 Posts
THEY DO ??? I hate backorder pointless doesnt UUC want to make more money and send out more product I thought thats ever companys goal LOL???

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
vmwerks said:
They have issues from time to time with delivery of product. All manufacturers do actually. Why not just order a set of H-Sport swaybars instead? NO waiting... PM me for details.
heh nice plug.

·
Registered
392 Posts
that is the general idea, but sometimes supply shortages cannot be helped. Its the nature of business. Back order ensures you get a set as soon as they are available. Keeping your place in line, per say. Not pointless at all.

L73087 said:
THEY DO ??? I hate backorder pointless doesnt UUC want to make more money and send out more product I thought thats ever companys goal LOL???

·
Registered
885 Posts
Why do some online retailers such as www.UnderSteer.com do not include the adjustable Urethan rear end links they chrage another 70 bucks when I called UUC the say that they include it for 350 bucks while understeer charges 420 is this part an extra that UUC is just throwing in or does this part come with ever kit ???

·
Registered
53 Posts
I received the UUC sways a few weeks ago with the endlinks (included in price). I depends on the vendor if they include them or not. For example, I'm relativelly sure that Eibach does not include them in their anti-sway bar set for the e46.

Paul

·
Registered
885 Posts
See I have quotes from different shops in the area they all are quoting me the same price but what if they arnt including the end links. First off they are on backorder for 2 weeks then the kit comes (without endlinks) than I have to pay an extra 70 bucks to that part and wait more time. While maybe this other shop included them I dont get it !!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's clear from the UUC website the links are a part of the SwayBarbarians "package", I ordered mine from AutoWerks, the links were in the box, no additional charge. From the UUC site:

"Q. Does the SwayBarbarian come with replacement sway bar links?
A. The SwayBarbarian comes with all necessary hardware to install onto factory mounting brackets utilizing factory links on the front. The bars include rear adjustable links for E36 M3 and E46 bars."

If some vendor is trying to quote you extra for a part that comes with the kit, time to shop elsewhere...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've been waiting close to 3 weeks on Stage 3 suspension. ???? Called last week and the guy said they were supposed to arrive from Germany in sometime in the "next couple of days", and then shipped by the end of the week. Still has it as backordered when i just checked.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i just called again a few days ago...... :bawling: still telling me another 2 weeks. but its okay... like davidjay420 said... good things happen to those who wait. but yeah ive been hearing great things about the uuc bars... so, i cant wait. what should i do next? i already got h&r sports koni sports, waitin on uuc sways.... thinking about doing the subframe reinforcement install..but searched how much the install is.... and kinda steep... so.... duno now.... i dont have much funds neither, just using the extra money im getting from this deployment im currently in to put into parts... so.... i duno now....

·
Banned
2,448 Posts
yoyose46 said:
well i just called again a few days ago...... :bawling: still telling me another 2 weeks. but its okay... like davidjay420 said... good things happen to those who wait. but yeah ive been hearing great things about the uuc bars... so, i cant wait. what should i do next? i already got h&r sports koni sports, waitin on uuc sways.... thinking about doing the subframe reinforcement install..but searched how much the install is.... and kinda steep... so.... duno now.... i dont have much funds neither, just using the extra money im getting from this deployment im currently in to put into parts... so.... i duno now....

1) Wait. You will not be disappointed with your UUC product.

2) Since you are forward deployed, it shouldn't matter if you get it now or get it later. It is not like you can mod the car while you are in Iraq.

3) UUC products are in very high demand. Therefore, delays are something that you can't avoid. It is all about supply and demand. Luckily, UUC doesn't jack up their price due to the increase in demand and shortage of supply. UUC always maintain their price or even lower them.

4) Godspeed. Take care of yourself in Iraq.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got mine from an ebay vendor, just type uuc on ebay search it too only 5 days and I'm up and running. $50 cheaper, (because of free shipping) including everything uuc motorwerks includes.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,756 Posts
I received the UUC sways a few weeks ago with the endlinks (included in price). I depends on the vendor if they include them or not. For example, I'm relativelly sure that Eibach does not include them in their anti-sway bar set for the e46.
Paul
I think it depends on Version of the Swaybar from UUC. The first generations only had the adjustable heim-joint endlinks. The recent ones have the greasable endlinks. The Eibach ones use a different connection, they use the OEM endlinks. It's got to do with the TUV approval they have.
It's clear from the UUC website the links are a part of the SwayBarbarians "package", I ordered mine from AutoWerks, the links were in the box, no additional charge. From the UUC site:

"Q. Does the SwayBarbarian come with replacement sway bar links?
A. The SwayBarbarian comes with all necessary hardware to install onto factory mounting brackets utilizing factory links on the front. The bars include rear adjustable links for E36 M3 and E46 bars."

If some vendor is trying to quote you extra for a part that comes with the kit, time to shop elsewhere...
That does not mean it's the same version of endlink. Some shops might have the old version still on their shelves. The first ones used a different endlink from the newest version that are urethane durometer and take grease. If you got an old version, you could upgrade to the newer endlinks from UUC for whatever they are charging for them. They are the same type rear endlinks the H-Sport used from the beginning.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get your money back and do the H-Sport bars. They are tubular, include adjustable rear end links, updated rear mounting and a bonus of being noise free. This company makes great suspension aids that work very well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts