E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
OG Fanatic
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have UUC Sway Bars installed on my 330Ci, and thinking of putting PSS9's or HR Coils on, will there be any issues? should I go back to stock sways? I heard in the past the sway bar would hit the control arm.

·
OG Fanatic
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats good news

I am ready to get coilovers and I was worried about that one issues. Anything I should know about before install? did everyone replace their RSM's?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: thats good news

nleeumd said:
I am ready to get coilovers and I was worried about that one issues. Anything I should know about before install? did everyone replace their RSM's?
I replaced mine RSMs with aluminum TMS mounts.

·
Help me Help you!
822 Posts
i think the only problem involved the old uuc sways.
you can distinguish the old sways from the new ones by the holes in the rear sways. The NEW rear sways should have only 2 holes as oppose to the 3 holes for the old ones.
But i have heard it only caused a problem with the ebrake.

not sure about aftermarket coilover kits though.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have UUC with H&R coilover....just squeky

·
Almost stock
707 Posts
I have the new uuc sways (2 holes in the rearr) and recently put on Pss9 coilovers. I have the passenger rear set to the highest position (endlinks set to shortest) yet the control arm is still hitting. :sad: I did all the adjustments with the car on the floor (NOT on a jack or on a lift)
What else do you guys suggest that I do? I can take pics if that would help.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. I have the 3-hole UUC sways with PSS9's dropped a fair bit and do not have any problems. Can you post some pics?

·
INDEED
1,130 Posts
Anyone have squeaking sounds with PSS9's + UUC sways? I believe vinnymac said he had some squeaks with his V2s... I HATE squeaks and would actually base my decision on it. heh...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have UUC Sways and KW V2's like Vinnymac. I've never had any squeaking problem. Just make sure you install the new bushings with a good coat of grease. In my case I wrapped plumbers teflon tape around the bar where the bushings are located and used both copper anti-sieze and white lithium grease on the bushings. It's been almost a year now since the install and no squeaks yet. Having said that I'm fully prepared to re-lube the bushings. Not a big job and the handling with the sways and coils is well worth the effort in my opinion.

Good luck to you.

·
INDEED
1,130 Posts
thanks for the info Banker, now just gotta find a place that has either in stock. heheh

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have UUC sways, PSS9s, Ground Control RSM. My sways are also hitting the control arms.

I am going to my installer next week to shorten the endlinks. Hopefully that will fix it.

Otherwise I'm happy with the setup. Somewhat stiff, but not horrible.

·
Almost stock
707 Posts
a4agarwal said:
I have UUC sways, PSS9s, Ground Control RSM. My sways are also hitting the control arms.

I am going to my installer next week to shorten the endlinks. Hopefully that will fix it.

Otherwise I'm happy with the setup. Somewhat stiff, but not horrible.
What are they exactly doing when they 'shorten the endlinks'? Let me know how that goes. I may want to do this as well. Where is the name of the shop you bring your car to?

thanks

·
INDEED
1,130 Posts
well, for UUC Sways, just unbolt the bolts where the sway bar attaches to the endlinks. The endlinks are adjustable, so just screw it up or down to change the length of it. Then, after adjusting, bolt it back on... :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts