BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

A lot of people have been enquiring about the E46 swaybar backorder.

The overwhelming interest in the product over the past few months has caused us to have a temporary backorder.

We should be shipping swaybar backorders in approximately 2-3 weeks.

In consideration of the wait, all current backorders will have "a little extra" in the box, a little gift to make up for the delay.

As always, thanks very much for your continued support and patronage of UUC Motorwerks!

- Rob Levinson

·
or is it just you?
606 Posts
How much are they running now adays for a '02 325I?

·
Registered
834 Posts
god... i should have ordered them so i could get this little extra gift!! i was gonna put in my order right after christmas... can i still get it is i put an order in now?? haha

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,833 Posts
Santa Rob I'd like a little box of underdrive pulleys please.:D If those are in R&D still I'll take a flywheel :thumbup:

·
INDEED
1,133 Posts
nice to know, me need the sways!

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GhostRider said:
Santa Rob I'd like a little box of underdrive pulleys please.:D If those are in R&D still I'll take a flywheel :thumbup:
Okay, but originally you were getting the twin-turbo kit. Now that I know what you really want, I'll make the swap. :D

- Rob

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BMW328Ci said:
god... i should have ordered them so i could get this little extra gift!! i was gonna put in my order right after christmas... can i still get it is i put an order in now?? haha
Tell ya what - orders put in through tomorrow (Wednesday, January 14) will qualify.

- Rob

·
1,833 Posts
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks said:
Okay, but originally you were getting the twin-turbo kit. Now that I know what you really want, I'll make the swap. :D

- Rob
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:thumbup:

·
1,833 Posts

Tell ya what - orders put in through tomorrow (Wednesday, January 14) will qualify.

- Rob
Well now at least I have witnesses that saw you state I'm getting underdrive pulleys. I can settle for that :D

j/k Thanks Rob. I can wait to get my sway/coilover combo and and feel the change. Would you suggest installing the coilovers or the sways first? If I install the sways first will I need to adjust the endlinks when I get the coilovers on?
TIA

·
Registered
834 Posts

- Rob
Nice... U just pushed me... i think i am putting in my order in a couple minutes

Thanks Rob,
Greg

·
Sponsor
90 Posts
GhostRider said:
Biz-ump :)

Can anyone answer my last couple questions?:dunno: TIA
Absolutely.

Would you suggest installing the coilovers or the sways first? If I install the sways first will I need to adjust the endlinks when I get the coilovers on?
Tough question. I do absolutely agree that you should install one, drive for a while, and then install the other so you can see the effect that each component had.

Swaybars affect transverse movements of the body, specifically when the suspension on one side moves a greater distance relative to the other side. Coilovers will control both transverse and longitudinal motions, like acceleration squat and brake dive.

If it were me, I would install the swaybars first and spend about two weeks getting used to the new sensations. You'll see how you've affected the body roll as well as the handling balance.

Then after a few weeks, install the coilovers. You'll see that the role of the swaybars has changed a bit. The coilovers will be doing more of the work to control the transverse motions of the body, and they will reduce the amount of travel usually required by each corner of the car. You can start playing around more with the adjustments on the bars, and see how they affect handling balance when they aren't also required to control the roll.

Regarding the endlinks, yes you will need to adjust them again when you lower the car. However, this is not as complicated as people seem to think; just unbolt the links from the bar, adjust them, bolt them back up to the bar. Done.

Hope this helps,
- -Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts