E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UUC claims to work perfect with factory or any suitable shocks. Just want to lower car a bit and slightly better handling. Anybody choose between the two?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered some UUC's, but I haven't received them yet. I ordered them because they claim that they are a perfect match with the stock shocks and I have heard only good things about them from other memebers.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
I got the HR race because i like the way it lowered my car. and for the shocks, they'll wear out sooner or later, so replace them with some aftermarket ones. also i dont really see how UUC are better than HR (refering to shocks) because both will have the shocks compressed already becuase the springs are shorter. i know that UUC says they have "progressive rates" but the spring is still shorter.

·
Registered
68 Posts
02black330i said:
I got the HR race because i like the way it lowered my car. and for the shocks, they'll wear out sooner or later, so replace them with some aftermarket ones. also i dont really see how UUC are better than HR (refering to shocks) because both will have the shocks compressed already becuase the springs are shorter. i know that UUC says they have "progressive rates" but the spring is still shorter.
From what I understand, the spring rate is the same, or close to the stock spring rate. I heard that someone had the v.1 springs and put over 30k miles on them with the stock shocks with no problems. I don't know of anyone who has gone that long with other brand springs and having the stock shocks last that long.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the non-sport suspension. My shocks are about due for replacement. Shocks don't last too long on New Orleans pothole laced streets. I figured I'd replace shocks with aftermarkets and take the opportunity to lower them car a bit to match the 17 in RIMS. Don't want to go racing low due to the potholes down here.

·
Registered
0 Posts
anyone got pictures of UUC V2 springs on a sedan with stock non-sp shocks? thanks. kinda want to see the side shot of it and see how much does it lower compare to stock non-sp suspension. thanks.

don

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
BGReddy00 said:
how the heck are you gonna be able to drive that brandon once you get the wheels?
19's raise the car

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
p0tpie said:

19's raise the car
True. In my case...

I'm going to be running 245/35/19 in the rear...that's +1.98 cm larger diameter in the rear (the gap will be even tighter in the rear by half of that....aprox. 1 cm smaller).

And I'll be running 235/35/19 in the front...that's +1.28 cm larger diameter in the front (the gap will be reduced by half of 1.28 cm....aprox. 0.64 cm smaller).

The world of a difference that the 19's make with the appropriate tire is that it reduces the gap even more. So stock 17's aren't a good way to judge the final appearance of the UUC v.2's.

Front and rear will be higher by half of the diameter change. So the rear will be about 1 cm higher and the front will be 0.64 cm higher. My nose will be on more of an aggressive slant. With the added height in the front...Can we say COILOVERS!!!!

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
O'BlueTouring said:
thanks Brandon.. was your car equipped with sports package suspensions or non-sports suspensions? thanks.

Don
I had a sports suspension. The OEM sport struts/ non-sport struts won't make a difference on your ride height...unless they are bottomed out and can't go any lower. but I couldn't ever see that happening (except while driving over some pot holes).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I may go with UUC then.

I have the non-sport suspension. I'm about ready to replace my shocks so I figured I would lower em a bit to give a more aggressive profile on the car. But you know about the pot holes down here in New Orleans. I don't want to drop too low and have a proble with a flash flood in spring. :)

hamann330ci said:
If I was gonna lower my car, I would go w/ the UUC. It claims that it works w/ the stock shocks. You got sport or non-sport suspension? And how come I don't see your car around?

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
563 Posts
jun14scr said:
brandon you just have the regular set up, not the mixed, right?
That's right. It's the standard setup. The rear will look really tucked when I put a 245/35/19 on there in a month or so with my IForged Senekas.

BTW...the springs settled a bit more since those pics and I found that the ride got a little smoother. Maybe it's in my head.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mixed setup = V.2

Guys UUC is telling me the V.2 is the mixed setup. Its one in the same thing. They don't have 2 different V.2 springs. They only make one set of springs in the V.2.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts