BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I probably posted the previous thread showing the drop a few weeks prematurely. After 2 autocrosses, and a little more than one month of driving, I think the new suspension has settled completely now.

For all those that were not satisfied with the subtle drop from the previous thread, here are a couple shots.

Ok - the before - stock sport package springs:

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
looks much better now that it has settled. It really isnt all that noticeable with smaller rims though.

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
So what would you say the current drop is? The 3/4" you stated in your initial review seemed good to me. I don't want a drop more than an inch...so do you recommend these?

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,478 Posts
Can still see the top half of the rim = not low enough.

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd guess the overall drop is just over 1" on my car. There was about a 4 finger gap originally, now it's 2 fingers.

I do recommend this setup - it is a nice looking drop, and the ride is awesome. Combined with the sways, and the strutbar I already had, the car handles incredibly well.

Just yesterday at the autocross, someone with a 2000 328i sport package (with fewer miles than my car) test drove my car. He got back and was amazed at how smooth mine was in comparison to his car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts