BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a devil of a time installing UUC urethane RTABs - even when using lots of Teflon-based bushing lube and a Schwaben RTAB tool. I was under the impression that a tool may not be required to install polyurethane RTABs, but I’m struggling even with it - as if the bushings just weren’t met to go into that trailing arm.

Car is an ‘04 non-M E46 coupe and I purchased the bushings from Pelican: https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/PELRTABE36E46.htm?pn=PEL-RTABE36E46

Can anyone suggest a tip or trick for installing these?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My poly rtabs just went right in by hand. Maybe a little tapping with a dead blow to seat the inner tube for the bolt. Sure you got the correct ones?

That said, red the one review for that item. the reviewer had to "Grind down a lip" to get them started...

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,403 Posts
sorry i had no isues at all getting mine installed in my M3.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It might be too late to help now but they are kinda hard to get in sometimes. You may need to sand the inside of the trailing arm down to remove any corrosion that may be preventing the install. I recommend using the rubber mallet to send them home after seating them as straight as possible with your hands. Put the aluminum center in last.

PS I used lots of anti seize and a rubber mallet to squeeze them in the cassette too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts