E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here changed their clutch and flywheel? For their E46 M3 SMG2 gearbox

cause i did...and i dont know whether its me or just psychological that the gear changes are slower...eg setting 6 to a setting 3 on the gears...

with my OEM clutch the reckon the gear changes when the DSC is turn offed setting set to 6 with Sports Mode on the gear change is alot faster and it feels like it bites more...meaning rougher gear changing

but now after the clutch change and flywheel it feels as though like im changing gears when im using setting 3....

something wrong with installation? are there any parameters that needs to be set properly or something???

·
Registered
976 Posts
Spar7 said:
Anyone here changed their clutch and flywheel? For their E46 M3 SMG2 gearbox

cause i did...and i dont know whether its me or just psychological that the gear changes are slower...eg setting 6 to a setting 3 on the gears...

with my OEM clutch the reckon the gear changes when the DSC is turn offed setting set to 6 with Sports Mode on the gear change is alot faster and it feels like it bites more...meaning rougher gear changing

but now after the clutch change and flywheel it feels as though like im changing gears when im using setting 3....

something wrong with installation? are there any parameters that needs to be set properly or something???
Anytime that a clutch is replaced on a SMG M3, several adaptation settings have to be reset in the SMG ECU. This can only be done with a BMW Diagnostic Computer like a GT1 or DisPlus.

You can try another reset procedure by driving 20mph and pulling on both paddles for a few seconds. Supposely this resets some sort of adaptation feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts