BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UUC shipped EVO 2 kit as the EVO 3...!!!

After getting a good bonus paycheck I decided to give UUC a call and order the new EVO 3 SSK... I ordered it from Rob at UUC on 11/13/03 and he advised me that it will not ship until 11/17/03, because they needed some parts for the kit. So the 17th comes and guess what...? I never recieved my email confirming it had shipped. So on the 18th I called Rob and he told me it did not ship and will not until Friday...! I explained to him that I had an appointment this week and now I have to cancel it...! So I had to cancel my appt, and reschedule. He apologized for the delay and will get one out that day... So I am anxiously but patiently waiting for my package from UUC... Friday the 21st I recieve my package and low and behold I open it up and it looks just like my buddies UUC EVO2...! :sad:

It comes with the bearings seperate and not integrated into the short shifter like the pictures on UUCs site showing the EVO 3...!

On top of that the shifter has been apparently USED. You can see the height has been adjusted and how the previous bearings that were installed left marks...! :ben:

The reciept I recieved says "UUC EVO 3" and I paid $251.88 with shipping. That is definetly not a USED UUC EVO 2 discounted price.

Im guessing this unit was a trade in that UUC accepted towards the EVO3...

I am very upset with UUC and just wanted to let everyone know whats goin on with my SSK I told everyone I was getting...!

I look forward to UUC clearing this up and overnighting me a BRAND NEW EVO 3 by Monday. I will let you guys know what happens...!

:dunno:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Generally it's better to contact UUC directly to resolve a matter, before things get blown out of proportion on the internet. If I were you, even though you are peeved at the situation, I would have used more discretion before I posted. It's unlike UUC to do something like that, as I've had positive experiences everytime I've ordered something.

Good luck, and I'm sure UUC will take care of you.

·
Obey my dog
2,616 Posts
:tsk:

i hope they clear this up for you. i hope they aren't going bimmian on us.

when i ordered my RK2 in july, they shipped it to me with the motorsport logo on it even though i didn't want it. i called them up and asked them what happened and they said it must have been some kind of mistake and will send me out a new shift pattern right away. i waited a week and got nothing so i called them up and they said they didn't know what happened so they will send me another one. i waited two more weeks and i still didn't get it so i called them up again and this time they said that they had a problem before with the regular UUC shift patterns not fitting right or something so they were shipping RK2s with the motorsport shift pattern instead. they said now they have the UUC ones in stock again and they will send me one. That third time i actually got it. UUC needs to learn to be more honest with their customers :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think that UUC needs to get Bimmian treatment::vinmac:

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BWMGuy206 said:
MilleniumBimmer-

Check this thread out. Not sure if its the same thing as you got or not.

http://216.118.86.224/m3forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18890
Hey thanks man... now we are gettin somewhere... yep thats EXACTLY what my kit looks like... so I guess I got the UUC 2.9 kit... and UUC just happened to forget to tell me it wasnt the final production EVO 3... :thumbdwn:

I want the EVO 3....!!!! :ben:

UUC HELP!

4,238 Posts
MilleniumBimmer:

1) CALL UUC FIRST.

2) Write post. Read to see if it sounds silly. Delete if necessary. REPEAT. Only then actually submit.

To address your concerns:

All we are shipping is EVO3. EVO2 components do not exist. The "trade-ups" we are getting are getting are not even put into circulation - they are put in a box and left there.

The EVO3 bearings are not "integral" - they are still seperate bearing elements, we don't machine the bearing right into the shifter. They may be included seperately in the package for you to install.

Used? NO SUCH THING. Your shifter may show machine marks, and certainly does not show marks from the upper section going up and down - nothing in the mechanism leaves marks! No matter what, had you considered the fact that the up/down action is tested on each shifter before it is shipped out to customers? Of course it is!

Human hands have actually touched your product before you received it! Shocking, isn't it?

All UUC products, unless noted and agreed upon, are brand-new and first-class condition. The only "suprise" to any order is an unexpected upgrade to a better or newer model - much like how many people got EVO3 shifters at EVO2 price because that was on the website when they ordered it.

alexper7: Gimme a break, would ya? Around here, we do things the adult way and take care of problems in a mature manner. Save your machine gun emoticon for the Sunday morning cartoons.

BWMGuy206: That thread refers to a customer that ordered and received a shifter when EVO2 was current. He received EVO3 upgrades at no cost, much more than he paid for, so let's make sure we point that out.

MilleniumBimmer, I will expect your call in the morning to discuss this with you further - 908-874-9092.

- Rob

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Rob, first off I attempted to call when I recieved the package Friday. No answer. I have a right to do as I please. I am the PAYING CONSUMER, and I felt it was necessary to inform others about this. It was not SILLY in anyway! No deletions needed.

You say "EVO 2" components dont exist? Funny how other people are posting here and on other forums about recieving SSK that isnt a FULL EVO 3... meaning it has EVO 2 components! Even you yourself posts replies to the messages! These messages are maybe a couple days old! My kit matches their kit 100%, and theirs you say is the EVO 2.8 (evo 2 with evo 3 addons)...! And now you say they dont exist? Whatd they dissapear over the weekend?!?! :confused:

You are contradicting yourself. You say they dont exist but you admit to having a "TRADE-IN" box? :lmao:

Hmmm... My SSK I recieved was packaged in a UUC Box with the label "UUC SHORT SHIFT KIT EVO 2"

Yes I said USED. The product I recieved shows wear where the cartridge bearings reside . It was definetly NOT a machine mark. I do agree that there was no wear on the upper section. Point is the shifter lever I recieved appeared to have been EXTENSIVELY TESTED as you would put it. The seperated bagged components included in the kit appeared BRAND NEW, like the bearings, carrier bushings, etc.

Wow Rob, Humans touched it? I thought you guys use ROBOTS to package the products there! :rolleyes:

Rob, I do agree that this shifter has EVO 3 components for the most part. I installed it already anyways, so no need to send me another. The product is GREAT, and shifts precision smooth with d*mn near stock shifter effort.

The ENDING POINT HERE IS... many of your customers PAY to have the FULL EVO 3. Just be HONEST with them! And deliver the right product ON TIME the first time. Mine was for the most part on time, so no complaints here. I just see so many threads on this board alone about how you say it will ship on such and such date and never does! That makes you lose your credibility and repeat customers.

UUC has great quality products, and good prices. However I just see that customer service is a bit on the down side. Im just here for the products, so I will still look forward to future purchases from UUC! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Amir said:
Generally it's better to contact UUC directly to resolve a matter, before things get blown out of proportion on the internet. If I were you, even though you are peeved at the situation, I would have used more discretion before I posted. It's unlike UUC to do something like that, as I've had positive experiences everytime I've ordered something.

Good luck, and I'm sure UUC will take care of you.

I wish everyone on this board were mature enough to follow this procedure. Too many people type before they think. :tsk:

I'm with you Amir and Rob:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
noBenz said:
you got a little brown stuff on your nose.... might want to wipe that off
This is exactly what I am talking about:tsk:

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just got off the phone with Rob @ UUC. Very professional in handling this situation on the phone. Turns out I did get the EVO 3. And Rob apologized that it was packaged incorrectly in an EVO 2 box. I apologize to UUC for making the statement, however I cannot speak for others similar claims. I look forward to future purchases...!

Great Products! Thanks UUC! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
noBenz said:

And you are the reason why people think Bimmer owners are so snobby... take the stick outta your a$$ and lighten up...
Listen, if you can't take it, you should'nt dish it. It works both ways over here!

We can do this all day...

Lets keep this thread on the subject and squash this.

How about some reviews on this EVO3 SSK??

·
The OG Black Roof
2,756 Posts
Okay guys.

It's time for me to vent. I am really getting frustrated with people that recieve a product that they have ordered and they don't quite understand what they recieve. (Why it looks old; Or maybe something actually is wrong) So the first thing they do is hop on the forum and write a post like this.

Scrolling through the General Forum this morning I see "UUC is shipping EVO 2 kits as EVO 3...!!!!"

This post just like most of the other posts when people have encountered problems with other companies has ended the same.

"Oh...well I called thesomeone at the company, and everything is okay!!!! I guess I shouldn't have posted this.)

Lets start to think rationally here people...this kind of stuff is rediculous, and without thinking of ourselves, let us think about Rob @ UUC maybe.

I'm sure that this isn;t good for his business, and also let us ponder on this.

Other than BFP, INC. Wheelexperts, Tirerack, streeteffectz, and Rennsport.

Do any other vendors give a ****e about our little community here? No. Our sponsors, including Rob take time out of their schedules to answer questions, and see what this community wants.

So lets start cutting people some slack, and for God's sake, call the damn company next time something is wrong before we go posting somethinhg similar to this.

BTW....Millenium Bimmer...nothing against you bro (im glad everything worked out)...we just need our forum members not to slam our sponsors, or any other company that is truly not in the wrong.

-Justin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts